Sunday 8 September 2019

Sunday, 08-09-19

Morning!

Yesterday's photo diary:
I forgot to have breakfast!  I didn't remember until I was back on the bus coming home after shopping so I had an apple which filled the gap.

This is lunch - veg and butterbean (not lentil as I said yesterday) soup with some home made croutons.  It was delicious!
To make the croutons, I cut up some bread, placed them on parchment on aa baking sheet, sprayed them with fry light and baked them at around 160C for about half an hour or so.  They add a lovely,. crunchy element to a smooth soup.




This was dinner.  The base recipe is here.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/creamy-lentil-veggie-curry
and I adapted it by firstly quartering it to make one portion, then using a Gujarati veg curry spice mix I found on the market (here's their web site ( https://spicequeenuk.co.uk/ ), instead of curry powder and chilli, adding red pepper, mushroom and some bits of butternut squash and subbing runner beans for green beans because that's what I had.  Oh, and the tomatoes were from the garden, not a tin.
I didn't add cucumber or coriander and I served it, as you can see, with more runner beanhs.
And it was absolutely gorgeous.

Today's plans
B:  I'm going to give the savoury waffles another go, this time using yogurt and some grated parmesan type cheese ('type' is cheaper than real!) at 30g for one healthy extra A.  I'll let you know!
I'll spray fry some tomatoes to go with them and will probably have two of the waffle portions, saving the other two to have with my lunchtime soup.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

L:  home made soup, savoury waffles
I have some tinned tomato left from the other day so will use that to make some lentil and veg soup or something similar and use the waffles for dunking.
SW:  should be free as I have counted the cheese and oats for breakfast

D:  sizzle steak, sweet potato fries, runner beans and roasted tomatoes; yogurt
. . . and, if I'm feeling energetic, I might make some Pinch of Nom free peppercorn sauce which I really rather like.  Here's a link to the recipe with apologied for all the adverts!  Just scroll down nearly to the bottom and there is a printable version.
https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/creamy-pepper-sauce/
SW:  hopefully, free, apart from half a syn for the yogurt and two for one tsp olive oil

Ss:  yes, you've guessed it.  Tomatoes!

Body Magic:  Seeing as I have upped my exercise, I think I will go for the gold BM award (I've already got silver and bronze)  It's not a doddle and it has to be maintained for eight weeks so wish me luck. 
Anyway, today's is an early morning swim.

What are your plans for today?

2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, you'll get your gold award, no problem. I'm feeling decidedly sloth-like lately, all my energy seems to have deserted me, even slow gentle walks wear me out. I do like the look and sound of your waffles, especially the savoury ones. I don't have a waffle maker, is there a way to make them without, do you know? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get silicon moulds that you pop into the oven. They take longer but it works OK. Amazon have them; just google for Amazon silicon waffle moulds and a whole load pop up!
      With your lack of energy, I wonder if you're a bit anaemic. The shorter days and longer nights probably don't help either.
      xxx

      Delete