Wednesday 25 September 2019

Wednesday, 25-09-19

Good morning

Photo diary:
Breakfast: not a great photo as the light was really bad.  Pinch of Nom cinnamon and apple pancakes, to which I added a scant half tsp of baking powder because I like the fluffiness it imparts.  It made three pan sized pancakes two of which I used for breakfast with berries in between them and strawberries and yogurt on top and the third as a dessert - see below.

Lunch was soup - not exciting enough for a photo!

Dinner:  Slow roast beef slices, tomato risotto and some broccoli - very filling and tasty.









And this is what I did with the third pancake - again, not a good photo, the colour isn't right and it was loads nicer than it looks there.  I mashed some strawberries and added some stevia.  Because it was stevia, the sauce didn't thicken.  I strained off the strawberries, spread them on the pancake and rolled it up before heating it in the microwave.  The juice went over and then a little drizzle of yogurt.   It was nice, even if the pancake was a bit overcooked on the side that shows (the other side was fine!).  Actually, it really is a terrible photo - sorry!

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and home made baked beans
The baked beans came about because I took some chickpeas out of the freezer and then discovered they were haricot beans.  I couldn't re-freeze them because they'd started to thaw so I chopped some onion, got out some spices and spice mix, opened a can of chopped tomatoes, finely diced some bacon medallions, used one of my powerful chillies plus some tomato puree and ended up with a sort of baked bean thingy that has half a syn per portion from the oil I used and is SP friendly.  One for today and five for the freezer.

L:  ratatouille with feta sprinkled on top, fruit
The ratatouille is from the freezer, made several weeks ago.
SW:  one healthy extra A and two syns for the ratatouille

D:  air fryer chicken tikka, cucumber raita, cucumber and tomato salad, perhaps a pitta; fruit or yogurt
I found the recipe for this here and there are links to the salad and the raita recipes from that page.  It looks fairly simple to make and another thing to try in the actifry.
SW:  if I follow the recipe, it will be six syns for olive oil, less if I use spray oil for the chicken and if I have some pitta, that will be one healthy extra B

Ss:  none today as the meals seem pretty substantial

Body Magic:  A walk to the shops the long way round; salsacise and, maybe, a week one session from Couch to 5K, but done at home, on the spot or around the living room with a big timer on the screen!  I don't actually want to go out onto hard surfaces until I have some proper shoes after the way my ankle hurt after parkwalk.





No comments:

Post a Comment