Wednesday 18 September 2019

Recipe: cinnamon sugar pitta chips

I found this on the amazing 'Slimming Eats' site, here.
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/syn-free-cinnamon-sugar-pita-chips

I followed the recipe more or less exactly until the cooking time when I think, for my oven, they need to be cooked cooler and longer so they completely dry out.  I used stevia and there was no hint of catching but I guess you'd have to be more careful with real sugar

What you get is a really satisfying sweet and cinnamony crunch.  I had problems keeping my hands off the last ones until they had cooled (I wanted to check that they stayed crunchy over about an hour or so).



Next time . . .
I will cut each oval half across and then each quarter into four, not three.

So I would say more like 120C for as long as they take and then turn off the oven and leave them in for longer, finishing them off on a cooling rack.

Very, very more-ish and one healthy extra B

2 comments:

  1. They sound lovely. I'm struggling with sweet stuff at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually, I think maybe it was no wise to have them yesterday, on reflection. But they were nice.
      xx

      Delete