Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tuesday, 03-09-19

Good morning!  I remembered to take some photos yesterday so here we are . . .

Tomatoes on toast is so simple and yet so delicious.















I never thought the lunchtime quiche would make so much but when I'd finished using up bits and bobs it made a great big dishful, enough for four good portions.  So that's tomorrow's lunch and two for the freezer but I MUST eat them soon, I don't really have the space.
It was one onion, a third of a yellow pepper, about five mushrooms and a drained can of tuna while the 'eggy' bit was five eggs, 120g grated cheese (three syns-worth), a good pinch of mustard, a lump of quark and some herbs and seasoning.
Luvverley!
Dinner was quite ordinary really, but so colourful, I thought I'd include the photo.
Lamb 'sizzles', runner beans and tomatoes and pepper roasted in spray oil.
I can't say the 'sizzles' were as 'lamby' as I'd expected, but they were OK.




Over the weekend, I bought the new Easy Cook magazine.  It's rather what BBC Good Cook magazine used to be like before it went all cheffy and latest-trendy and I find it really useful.  This one has a number of recipes suitable to use either straight or with a bit of adapting (or 'optimising' if you want the SW jargon) so I have incorporated some into this week's food planning

Today's meal plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomato
It's a simple enough cooked breakfast but I find it very filling.
SW:  two syns for one tsp olive oil to cook the bacon and then the tomatoes in.

L: the crustless quiche made yesterday with some sweet potato fries (spray oil) and a salad
I'll probably warm the quiche up as I will have the oven on for the fries.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese in the quiche - adctually less but we can call it one.

D:  turkey and pepper pitta (Easy Cook p29), probably with salad
This recipe contains avocado which I am not using.  I might pop in 45g of feta instead for my other healthy extra A.
SW:  three syns for two tbsp créme fraiche and one healthy extra A for the feta and one B for the pitta.

Ss:  tomatoes

BM:  a swim
(slightly later edit - I've booked an aqua class at twelve.  That means I HAVE to go now.  Yay!)

4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, I love your new header. I must make a crustless quiche sometime this week, to use up some of our glut of courgettes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. I thought the other just looked a bit negative and I'm aiming for positivity!
      It's been a good year for courgettes, hasn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Simple and delicious Joy, aren't they just the best meals.

    ReplyDelete