Sunday 29 September 2019

Sunday, 29-09-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's semi-jog to Morrisons happened but I can't say it was fun.  I really do need some running shous which, I gather, do cushion and sort of 'spring' in a most helpful manner.  I did it though and logged it as 'jogging/brisk walking/easy walking' (that last was round the shop), so got my bit of Body Magic in for the day.

Dad loved the quesadillas.  I don't think he's ever had them before.  I used a home made salsa, some shredded chicken mixed with cajun spice, onion, yellow pepper and a bit of Primula light cheese spread (much nicer than it sounds) and some grated cheddar.  I could only manage one quarter wedge and Dad was keen to take the rest home for the freezer, to make a meal another day for himself. 

I think I can officially say that the actifry does make wonderful chips!

Today's food:
B:  yogurt and fruit
I know I've had this three day's running but it is quite similar to what Dad has - shredded wheat with fruit and nuts - so I'm OK with that.
SW:  half a syn if I have a Mullerlight

L:  Cottage pie, broccoli, runner beans
Not really lunch, is it?  It's because Dad goes home this afternoon and my two 'children' < cough > are coming round to eat with us so I'm doing a dinner.
The cottage pie uses some of the mince I made last week (SW free) and instead of using buttery, cheesy mash on top, I will bake a couple of potatoes, slice them, lay them over and brush them with a bit of oil so they crisp nicely.  It won't take long in the oven as all the individual parts will be cooked.  Beth will have a vegetarian equivalent.
If they want a dessert, I have plenty of apples!
SW:  An individual bit of the oil I will use won't be much but, for safety's sake, I will call it two syns - one tsps-worth.

D:  (tea, really) cheese on toast, tomatoes; chickpea chocolate cake with yogurt and fruit
I have healthy extras to use so I'm spoiling myself with a childhood favourite.  I will spray and bake the bread first so it comes out all nice and crispy and I might add a few garlic granules to the cheese for a bit of extra ooomph.  And I've just remembered, I have a bit of the salsa left from yesterday too so that would do instead of any chutney.
SW:  one healthy extra B, up to two As and one syn for the 'chocolate' cake.

Ss:  guess what!!!  :-)

Body Magic:  I'm not sure - I might do a YouTube something after Dad has gone, or an indoors week one C-5K or I might even be 'bad' and have a rest day.  Actually, that wouldn't be bad at all but I will see how I feel when I get to that point of the day.
I'm still well on track for my gold award.

No comments:

Post a Comment