Friday 6 September 2019

Not quite a recipe - yet

As I mentioned this morning, I had a go at making savoury waffles for breakfast.
Like this.


What I did was . . .
I zizzed 40g oats (healthy extra B) until it's a flour like consistency.

I added an egg, 50g primula light (from a tube and I could have added 75g which would have been a healthy extra A - I never thought!), salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning (not quite enough - I'll try half next time), a small pinch of garlic granules, a larger pinch of onion granules and about 40 mls semi skimmed milk (one syn or from allowance, if you measure out your milk for a healthy A).

I zizzed that all together and let it stand to thicken for about fifteen minutes (or it could be longer  longer).
After five minutes, I turned on the waffle maker as it takes about ten minutes to heat up properly and stirred a very scant half tsp of baking powder into the mixture

During that time I prepped the tomatoes and started frying them in one tsp olive oil (two syns).  I just kept half an eye on them and turned the heat down/stirred when necessary.

Then I poured the mixture into the waffle maker, closed it up, turned it over and left it for around ten minutes.

And that was it.  Oh, my goodness, not only did it taste really good, it also made the house smell fantastic.

I need to just refine a few amounts and also to experiment with different cheeses and spies or herbs and with different things on the side too. 
But it is definitely a keeper and really all mine as I didn;t follow the recipe I found at all.  It just gave me confidence that it could be done.

I'll write it up properly when I've made it again and tried a few different things.







2 comments: