Monday 6 January 2020

Monday, 06-01-20

Good morning!
Yesterday went a whole load better, thankfully.  I have no idea what make the difference but maybe I should just be very grateful.

I definitely have to see if I can get more of that turkey leftover spice mix - dinner last night was absolutely lovely, well spiced up with a mini chilli.  I thought I had brought the creme fraiche with me but when I looked it was nowhere to be seen.  I just hope it's not sitting on the side at home - that would be a waste!
I guess you could use any spice mix really and it's so east.  Gently fry the onion and any other veg in a bit of oil/butter (one tsp is two syns), then add any meat/protein, added chopped chilli, if using, and cook for a few more minutes.  Then add the spice mix and cook it out, stirring well, followed by some passata and a bit of water if it's too thick.  Cover and let it simmer for a short while, until the veg is all done and finally, add a bit of cream/creme fraiche/thick yogurt and stir it well.  If necessary, bring it back to just under boiling (be careful the cream doesn't split).  Serve with rice of your choice.

And finally, we didn't have breakfast until ten so my window was 9:15.  I'm happy with that.


Today's plans
B:  fruit, yogurt, yogurt drink
I plan to defer this until I get home and will just have a coffee with Dad first thing.  Things seem to go better, the later breakfast is (relatively speaking)
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and two for the yogurt drink

L:  poached eggs on toast, fresh fruit
. . . using my nice, new poacher.  As always, I will spray one half of the toast before toasting it to get a nice, crunchy surface for my poached eggs.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  chilli cheese jacket potato with a side salad
This is the first recipe I am trying from the Chubby Cubs' new book and my soul is crying out for jacket potato, bacon and cheese, having seen the photo.  I have to make certain substitutes as I have neither green chillis nor sriracha (which I gather is a kind of hot sauce) and I'm not going out to buy some specially.  I will use a bit of one of my red chillis and whatever Google tells me can be subbed when I look.  I'll let you know
SW:  as close as I can tell, here are the SW numbers.  One heA for 40g low fat cheddar, two syns for 50g lightest soft cheese (it should be 40 but 50 is easier to work out), 1 1/2 syns for 1 tbsp lower fat creme fraiche and 1 syn for some lightest mayo on the salad.

Body Magic:  Lindsey's online 15 minutes of whatever, lots of running up and down stairs (it's that sort of day!)

Apart from the bit of bacon on the jacket potato, it's a meat free day today.
At present, it's one heA, one B and seven syns - I might have more grated cheddar to up it to two As or I might just leave it at that.
If I can defer breakfast until after eleven, it will be an 8:16 window which would be ideal for me.









3 comments:

  1. I am also going meat free today. I have made eggplant parmesan but with lots of cheddar cheese. It's looking very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggplant is what we call aubergine, isn't it? It sounds absolutely delicious!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is. I also had a mashed parsnip which was good too. Lots of leftovers for tomorrow and the freezer.

      Delete