Saturday 18 January 2020

Saturday, 18-01-20

Good morning:

When I searched the freezer, I did have some smoked basa (see yesterday's plans for context!) so I got that out and defrosted it, only to discover that I'd defrosted two pieces, darn it!  So I used one for the fishcake and the other I cut up and added to my lunchtime soup.  Odd, maybe, but it worked.

The dinner time recipe I tried, using the basa was absolutely delicious but, oh, dear, I mis-read it and ended up with a sort of splodge of fried cheesy fishy potato rather than a potato cake.  The actual results were a lot tastier than the CC fishcake but it wasn't a fishcake!  I think that next time I will use one of my crumpet rings to shape and bake it so it holds shape.  Or I might just combine the two recipes, taking the best of each!


Today's plans:
B:  oat waffles, fruit and natural yogurt, mini yogurt drink
A delicious Saturday treat.  I do love oat waffles!
SW one heB and two syns

L:  chunky bean and vegetable soup, fruit
Made on Thursday and there's two more portions now in the freezer.  Really nice soup.  I think I might add some turkey leftovers to it today.
SW:  free

D:  chicken in orange, posh rice, side salad; fruit and natural yogurt
From PoN2, p66.  I'm slowly working my way through them, aren't I?  This one looks 'interesting' so fingers crossed.
SW:  one syn for the posh rice and I'll use oil in the recipe rather than spray oil so that's another three syns

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  a walk

Summary:
a meat day
one heB -  I ought to add an A to that somewhere
six syns
it's not particularly frugal today. what with the chicken, but nor is it particularly costly either
I need to have finished breakfast and cleared away by eleven so the window is ten thirty to seven; 8.5:15.5

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoying my PON book, but not tried the chicken in orange yet. We are eating up what's in the freezer and cupboards this month nth (you may remember from my blog that my month runs from 25th (to coincide with payday). I think we still have enough to see us through the next month too (especially now that I've started to use up my Brexit store cupboard)!! Sounds like SW going ok. I put on 0.5 over Christmas, lost 0.5 the next week and maintained at latest weigh-in. Slow progress....very slow.......but just keep plodding on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did very, very well to control things so well over the festive season. I'm not owning up - yet - but it's nice to be going in the right direction.

      What have you tried so far from the book?
      xx

      Delete
  2. From book 2 - Cheesy leeks on toast (trouble was I ate the lot when it should have served two), spinach feta and potato bake (loved it), the cheese & onion crisp bakes (I wanted more than the portion size but fortunately had other people there to eat them) and the pizza loaded fries. From the first PON Favourites are samosas, the soy and ginger fish cakes, sloppy joes using chopped chicken instead of mince, and the bacon, onion and potato bake lots of times. I've made quite a few things from the website too. There were some banana and peanut butter muffins that were a bit disappointing as neither flavour came through but on the whole, I think the recipes are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very tasty, most of them, and colourful too. A feast for the eyes as well as for the palate! I must look again at book 1 because there are so many I want to try!
      xx

      Delete