Thursday 2 January 2020

Thursday, 02-01-20

Good morning.
Start as you mean to go on, I say, and yesterday went surprisingly well, thank goodness!

I got fed up of trying to poach eggs in a little simmer of water and the poaching pods always seemed to tip over so, when I saw this on Amazon, it was a no brainer.  I used it for the first time for breakfast  yesterday and it was so clean and simple.  Poached eggs are definitely on the menu more now!
(apologies for the poor quality - I borrowed it from Google Images)

I'm quite excited - last year I pre-ordered a recipe book by the Two Chubby Cubs.  It's a blog, like Slimming Eats and Pinch of Nom and, like the latter, they've brought out a cookbook.  It's out today and should arrive today too.  Their recipes are good too.

Yesterday, I didn't have breakfast until eleven (wasn't hungry) so that reduced the window to eight hours.   At the moment this seems to be helping - I could have nibbled a shocking number of calories in the evening but didn't because 'it's after seven' as I thought, each time.  I wasn't hungry, it's just a bad habit.
Also, packing the meals closer together means less time in between to snack.

Today's plans are . . .
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt, yogurt drink
SW:  one heB and half a heA plus two syns

L:  turkey and veg soup
Yesterday's bean and veg soup with, today, some added turkey
SW:  free

D:  turkey leftovers curry, posh rice
I found a leftover turkey curry spice mix the other day so thought I would give it a go.  I'll use half fat creme fraiche which, amazingly, Morrisons had in yesterday, instead of cream though, and add extra veg.
SW: looking at the recipe, I will use three syns for half a tbsp oil and three for 30 mls half fat creme fraiche.  A bit high on syns, but well within the rules

Body Magic:  Not sure.  Maybe a walk this afternoon.  I need to psych myself up to swimming again while it is so cold.

Meat day but it's leftovers - great value.  I will miss the turkey when it's all used up so I guess buying a turkey leg/thigh may be on the shopping list a few times this year.
Half a heA and one B planned but I may add some more, perhaps some bread with the soup or a little bit of grated cheese.
Eating window between ten and seven - nine hours

It's back on the scales at SW this evening and (starting as I mean to go on) it starts at seven thirty so I will eat before being weighed because of the restricted eating times!  When pottery starts again and I can't go on Thursday, instead of driving to the Wednesday group out in a local village, I will go to a fairly newly started group, same leader, on Tuesday mornings at 9:30.  I'll have breakfast afterwards so that will help to keep the eating window smaller too.  There's no point driving out to somewhere of an evening when I can walk to a group locally in daylight, is there.  The latter is better for me and better for the environment.


4 comments:

  1. Turkey is an incredibly versatile meat and do low fat. I've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown meat is particularly tasty, I think. You don't get much on a full bird really but the leg/thigh pack has much bigger ones so there's plenty and the stock is amazing. As you say, very low fat. Even the stock produces very little fat and that can be scraped off once it's cold.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning Joy. I missed having turkey for Christmas but did enjoy the beef. It has furbished us with quite a few meals so was well worth the extra cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth the extra. I've occasionally bought a larger joint and then based the week's meals around the leftovers. It makes it all a lot more reasonable really, and a roast is a real treat, I think.
      xx

      Delete