Wednesday 8 January 2020

Wednesday, 08-01-20

Good morning.

I made another loaf yesterday as I was down to one slice.  It always makes the house smell wonderful and this morning (well, middle of the night really) I sliced it and wrappedit so it will be out of temptation's way in the freezer.

Despite that temptation, I stuck to the plan again yesterday.  Dinner was particularly scrummy - nothing special, certainly nothing refined but just really tasty.  Using the actifry to cook the sausages with the chips does them perfectly; they look overcooked but that's the light, they were actually just right. 
I ended up subbing the planned brown sauce for some mayo to dunk the chips into.  Mmmmm . . .



Today's plans look like this (at present)
B:  porridge, fruit, natural yogurt and mini yogurt drink
One of my standard breakfasts that I don't have to look anything up for.  The fruit will be pineapple which, I think, goes perfectly with porridge and yogurt.
SW:  half a heA, one heB and two syns

L:  hm soup, leek and potato, left over from yesterday; fruit
It was a very tasty soup so I'm glad I made plenty.  I make it in Thermione - the leek, carrot, celery, seasonings and stock go in the main bowl and the cubed potato goes in the basket so it sort of steams.  Then I remove the cooked potatoes and mash them in my ricer while the rest is blended.  Finally I mix the two together.  The reason for this is that when I used to blend the potatoes in with the rest, it went all gloopy and over-starchy and not quite as nice.  Now there's a good texture to it.  Definitely worth the extra step.  I add the milk and then reheat it to just under boiling and there you go!
SW:  two syns for some milk in the soup - that might be an over-estimation but better over than under.

D:  nacho-style feast, side salad of some kind; fruit and yogurt
This recipe is in the most recent SW magazine, page 57 and it looks really good.  It's actually an advert for Primula light cheese and is a sort of 'dirty wedges' kind of recipe.
SW:  one heA or maybe one and a half (cheese, of course), perhaps one syn for some mayo

Body Magic:  an hour of PT with Lindsey, maybe also one of her online workouts for another 15 mins.

So that's:
a meat day as the dinner has some mince
two heAs
one heB
three syns
and an eating window of between ten and seven, so 9:15, I hope.


4 comments:

  1. I might make bread tomorrow. The house will smell lovely while it's cooking and I too will slice it for the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. It's so much tastier than shop bought bread, you know what's in it and getting it sliced and frozen really does remove the temptation.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm having a sausage tonight (it's a big one) with mushrooms. Still trying to clear my freezer of items that have been forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's an endless task, isn't it, clearing a freezer, but one can get some interesting meals (and I mean that in a good way!).
      xx

      Delete