Saturday 25 January 2020

Saturday, 25-01-20

Morning.

I had to slightly change breakfast as I thought I had baked beans in the fridge and I didn't.  However, I probably didn't really need them as what I had filled me up for ages.

I did get out for a walk in the afternoon and it ended up as about an hour and a half which I was happy with.


Today's plans.
B:  oat waffles with fruit and yogurt; mini yogurt drink
A weekend treat - waffles.  Yum!
SW:  one heB and two syns

L:  salmon salad, lychees
While out shopping, I saw a side of salmon at a really good price so I got one, of course.  Most of it is in the freezer, cut into portions, but I'm treating myself.
Aldi continues to have lychees as one of their super seven or famous five or whatever they call it.  Obviously, I got some more.  You hardly ever see them in the shops and I do love them so much.  Sadly, not speed but they are 'free' so my conscience is clear!
SW:  two syns for some mayo

D:  steak and chips, mushroom sauce and veg; yogurt
It's the weekend!  Not frugal but a bavette steak is a lot more frugal than a sirloin steak and I haven't had chips for ages!
SW:  two syns for some oil and one heA for 25g Philly light (for the mushroom sauce) - see the summary below

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  a walk, balance ball exercise

Summary:
one heB and I think I shall be naughty and count the Philly light as a heA rather than syns.  It used to be until they changed it a year ago.  It's still calories, whatever you call it!
six syns (plus the Philly!)
today is NOT a cheap day but . . . the steak is a cheaper cut, the salmon was reduced as above and everything is cooked from scratch so it's not as bad as it looks and could be called frugal in the sense that I'm making the best of what I've got - and I'm having a treat day!
eating window is between ten and seven as usual - 9:15


5 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely...salmon is my favourite fish, we buy a side or even a whole fish when it's on offer. We're having chips tonight too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salmon is gorgeous, isn't it? It feels like a real treat.
      Enjoy your chips!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I really must dig my waffle maker out from the back of the cupboard and start using it again. Salmon is such a treat isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, yes. It's delicious.
      If you find it, here's the recipe I use for waffles that are SW friendly. I often use vanilla essence instead of almond.
      http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/classic-belgian-waffles
      xx

      Delete
  3. I do love my food - that's my problem!!! :-D
    xx

    ReplyDelete