Thursday 23 January 2020

Thursday, 23-01-20

Morning!

Lunch yesterday was delicious.  Half a can of tuna in water, drained, and 30g strong cheddar, finely grated.  Mix together with a tiny bit of salad cream and a bit of horseradish.  Spread over lightly toasted bread and grill until browning.  So good!


Sadly, after that, things didn't work out so well.  I don't think I ate too badly but it was way too much and after seven too.  Ah, well, back on track (sort of) today and, most certainly, this evening!

The one pot cheeseburger pasta was a really good recipe, not that I actually ate it yesterday but I did make it.  The quartered amounts actually make loads and loads, enough for two portions really, especially if you apply the principle of half the plate for speed veg.  I've split it into two freezer containers so that's two lunches or dinners sorted for the weekend and/or next week for one syn eack plus whatever cheese I add.
It's also one for family get togethers and SW taster evenings.  Useful.

Today's food plans:
B:  Nothing, because . . .

L:  . . . a family meal to celebrate a visit from a close family member.  Just five of us - not everyone can get here - but I've made a good old chicken paprika casserole which should go down a treat and have some left over for other meals.  I've used three largish chicken breasts, cut into chunks but it also contains so much speed veg and other veg - onion, leek, carrot, celery, sweet potato, mushroom and red pepper plus chopped tomato, bacon and chorizo.  The seasonings are stock, smoked paprika, chilli, onon and garlic granules, mustard, soy sauce and lea and perrins plus the usual salt and pepper.  It's simmering on the hob as I type and it smells fab.  Sides will be rice - I think I will do both white and posh so people can choose - sprouts and peas.  It's totally SW friendly but you'd never know it was 'diet' food (probably because it isn't really!).
Dessert will be fresh fruit and Christmas cake (still trying to use it up and it's just as well it's a good, rich fruit cake so will last for ever).
SW  I won't have the cake so the whole lot should cost about three syns, what with oil and the posh rice.

D:  I didn't have the planned omelette for breakfast yesterday (there simply wasn't time) but I had whisked up the eggs in preparation, so I will have mushroom and chorizo omelette with a good old side salad.  That is, assuming I have room for anything"  I'll add some cheese too for a healthy extra.
SW:  I know chorizo isn't really counted a 'healthy' thing but I buy the thinly sliced stuff and two slices of that is 1.5 syns.  That's more than enough as chorizo goes a long way as far as taste is concerned.  The cheese will be one healthy extra A and any mayo will be a maximum of two syns.

S:  fruit

Body Magic:  it depends if I have time and if I have the energy later on but I might go for a short walk, just to get out, after everyone has gone.

Summary (a bit rough and ready today)
a meat day
just one healthy extra A (ooops)
six syns (plus two for the yogurt drink - I nearly forgot that)
it looks lavish but, actually, isn't shockingly costly really, especially for a family get together and cooking from scratch always reduces the cost
Because I'm skipping breakfast (no time for it before everyone arrives and lunch will need to be at the usual time, not my time!) the window will be 1 (ish) to 7 so 6:18.  Not ideal but I need to firmly apply this one after slipping yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read that you add speed to other veg in your casserole. Not sure that it is the sane speed that I am thinking about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very long fast - I don't think I could do that. I'm intrigued by "posh rice", I'd like the recipe. I hardly ever eat rice but might if I had an interesting way of preparing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that, because I kept busy, my mind wasn't on eating, even though I was cooking and prepping for part of the time.

      I'm afraid 'posh rice' isn't a recipe it's a pouch of mixed brown, red and wild rices I get from Aldi (and it's on today's shopping list as I'm right out). Life's too short to type that all out every time. It's three and a half syns per pouch and, for me, one pouch is three portions and comes oput at just over 22p per portion so it really doesn't break the bank.
      Sorry if it was misleading. Maybe I ought to be less lazy!!
      xx

      Delete