Monday 13 January 2020

Monday, 13-01-20

Good morning.
It was lovely to have some oat waffles after so long.  I think it must be a month or so since I last made them.

Dinner was half leftovers from yesterday and half crunchy salad and it was all delicious (and very sunny!)!

Everything seems to be working well right now, thank goodness.


Today's food plans:
B:  I really fancy a good old cooked breakfast this morning.  Bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and, as I have a couple of little roasties, a bit of broccoli and one sprout left over from last night, a bubble and squeak patty  Also the mini yogurt
SW:  two syns unless I indulge in a bit of oil, in which case it will be four

L:  cheesy leeks on toast, tomatoes on the side; fruit
This is from the new Pinch of Nom book, p26.  The recipe serves two so I will just halve the amounts.
SW:  one heA for cheese - a mix of hard Italian cheese and cheddar and one heB for two slices of toast.  I like the idea of mixing two cheeses

D:  tandoori salmon with mango salsa, steamed veg on the side; fruit or yogurt
Another from the Pinch of Nom book, this time p 110.  I will use frozen mango for the salsa and have bought a coriander plant which wasn't too costly.  It won't keep, these supermarket herbs never do, but it should last longer than a packet which was the same price and when it starts drooping I will chop it down and freeze the leaves and tender stems.
SW:  free

Ss:  fruit

BM:  walk, Lindsey's 15, balance ball exercises

Summary
not a totally non meat day because of breakfast but not bad, all the same
one heA and one B
two or maybe four syns
the salmon is more expensive but the rest is fairly economical
I hope to eat between ten and seven so 9:15

Although it looks as if there's a lot of cooking, the recipes are both pretty simple and I can prep a lot of it first thing when I'm feeling 'strong'.  Resolve tends to weaken as the day goes on - do you find that too?

What's your favourite SW friendly meal?


2 comments:

  1. I love the new PON book - in fact, I think PON recipes are generally very good. There are some lovely ideas on the website too.
    My favourite SW-friendly meal is anything that involves salmon sprinkled with some spice. Oh yes, resolve weakens through the day. I am ultra strong juts as I get into bed and think about how tomorrow is going to go! By breakfast time it's beginning to wane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's a brilliant resource, isn't it. It's made all the difference.
      Oh, yes - salmon. So tasty!
      We can do it, high or low resolve, we will get there.
      xx

      Delete