Saturday 11 January 2020

Saturday, 11-01-20

Good morning!
The first third of the month is over and I've been thinking back over the last ten days.  Apart from two of the three days I spent with Dad, it's all gone remarkably well.
I've kept to the SW plan (with my minor variations).
I've exercised almost every day.
Apart from eating out while with Dad, it's been a dry month and will remain so (I hope)
The 'restricted eating' strategy seems to be helping a lot, especially in the evenings.
Lots of things to be glad about but one of my favourite sayings about all this is 'it's a tool, not a rule' and I don't kid myself that there won't be harder days.

Having said that, despite my concerns about having a hungry day yesterday, it actually all went pretty well.   Yes, I was a bit nibblesome in the morning but stuck to fruit.  The tuna penne was delicious but I forgot it was a fish day and added a few lardons to the sauce.  Never mind, it was only a tiny amount.  It kept me going all through the afternoon too!


I changed my plans for dinner and instead of roasting veg and having chips, I remembered I had ratatouille in the freezer so got that out and had it with the salmon and some cauliflower.  Very nice, it was, and three syns instead of four.


Today's plans are:
B:  porridge, fruit, yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW:  one heB, half a heA, two syns

L:  sausage and bean one pot (from Easy Cook magazine, p 10); fruit
Here's the recipe.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/764647/sausage-and-bean-onepot
I will make 1/4 of the recipe and I think I'll take off the sausage skin and turn the sausage meat into meat balls, maybe with some added grated apple and some grain mustard, as on Eat Well for Less this week.  I think I will also add some grated cheese to the breadcrumb topping.
SW:  the two sausages will be one syn, one tsp oil is two syns, some cheese is half a heA, some breadcrumbs is 1/2 heB and two tsps grain mystard is 1 syn

D:  chicken tikka masala, posh rice; fruit
I'll add some extra veg to this to up the speed and I suspect it will end up quite a lot because that's just what happens when extra veg is added.
SW:  one level tbsp of the paste is two syns,  one tbsp mango chutney is one and a half syns and the posh rice, I have discovered, is one syn (for a third of a pouch).  I'll use spray oil and yogurt instead of cream

Body Magic:  The usual - 15 minute work out, balance ball and walking.  I just can't psych myself up for swimming right now, I feel rather bulgy and I'm not sure the costumes fit anyway.  That won't be for long though.

Summary:
a meat day
one heA and one and half a B
the sausages are not cheap (50p each, more or less) but the rest of the day isn't too bad as the chicken is a thigh (or I might use two in expectation that it will make two portions) so all in all, not too costly a day
eating window should be between eleven and seven as I'm off into town first thing in the morning and will break my fast when I get home.

What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment