Sunday 19 January 2020

Sunday, 19-01-20

Good morning.
Yesterday's food worked out well and there was no out of hours nibbling!  It's encouraging that the restricted hours strategy has helped with this annoying little habit.

The new recipe, the orange chicken from Pinch of Nom 2, was rather nice.  I adapted it a bit, of course.  I added some yellow pepper and some mushroom, I used dried chilli flakes instead of a fresh chilli and I used chicken stock powder rather than cube.  I quartered amounts but, annoyingly, forgot to add the rice wine vinegar which was a shame as I'm sure it would have lifted the flavour.
However, it was still really good, very satisfying and I will make it again, definitely.  The photo doesn't do it justice.


Today's plans
B:  mushroom and bacon omelette with baked beans, mini yogurt drink
I need to use up some baked beans, leftovers from the other day and I really fancy an omelette so there you go!
SW:  two syns for the drink

L:  tuna and cheese loaded jacket potato, salad; fruit
I really fancy jacket potato too.  I seem to be having a do what you fancy day today.  I will mix some primula light with the cooked potato and spoon it back into the potato skins before cooling it for lkater because I hope to be out on a walk before lunch.  Then I can reheat it in the microwave to get to piping hot before topping with tuna mixed with 30 or 40g finely grated cheddar.  I seem to remember Tom Kerridge saying something about a non oil dressing made with rice wine vinegar and soy sauce and I think I'll give that a go on a mixed salad.
SW:  two heAs for the cheeses and, if I have mayo, one syn

D:  chicken and veg curry, chickpea dahl, posh rice; yogurt
I have posh rice left from yesterday so I will use some curry spice mix to make something spicy and tasty with chicken and assorted veg.  The chickpea dahl is out of a tin (cheating but nice and SW free!)
SW:  two syns for the rice, two syns for some oil and that's about it really

S:  easy peelers (I got loads from Tesco yesterday)

Body Magic:  I think I might drive into Writtle, park in the village car park and take a stroll around.  It's a very pleasant village.  Weather permitting!

Summary:
a meat day
two heAs, no Bs but the rice is wholegrain and I eat the jacket potato skin not to mention the beans and chickpeas so I don't think I will be short of fibre
seven planned syns
reasonably frugal - the chicken will be thighs which are cheaper and the tin of dahl was in the slimmer of the week basket I got on Tuesday
the eating window will be between ten and seven; 9:15

What are your plans for today?  Are you trying something new or having an old favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment