Thursday 16 January 2020

Thursday, 16-01-20

Good morning.

For lunch out yesterday, J and I went to a place called ASK in Billericay.  It was Italian cuisine, very nice and, to my delight, there were some 'lighter' choices at 550 calorie or under.  OK, you have to take these with a pinch of salt but even so, given that it was breakfast and lunch combined, I was within my calories for the day, definitely.  That made me happy.

So it was a great pity that I lost my hold on things later on, ate way too much rubbish, continued well beyong seven and ended up having a bad night with a most uncomfortable tum.  Serves me right, I guess and maybe I needed to show myself that what I'm doing (generally, not yesterday evening!) not only works, it's also better for me.

Certain  items are now out of the house and others pushed to the back, out of sight.


Today's plans:
B:  nothing
I'm not being noble or self flagellating, honestly, I'm just still feeling uncomfortable and the thought of breakfast is a right turn off!

L:  (dinner/main meal really, because of time restraints later on)  pizza loaded fries, salad; mini yogurt drink
Taken from Pinch of Nom 2, p74
It's what I had planned to have yesterday evening but didn't and, as I'd made/prepared the separate elements needed, I'm not going to waste them!
SW:  one heA, two syns for the yogurt drink and two for some oil

D:  spicy bean and vegetable soup, roll to dunk; fruit
I have some beans in a spicy sauce left over from Tuesday plus plenty of veg so I will make a good potful and it will do me for other meals as well.  It'll have onion, carrot, celery, sweet potato, orzo, pepper, peas, maybe some sweetcorn, mushrooms, the spicy beans and some orzo.  Very nice!
SW:  one heB (the roll)

S:  fruit

Body magic:  Someone on t'other blog reminded me of the online walking thing on youtube so, whatever the weather, I can get my half hour of brisk walking.  Also Lindsey's 15 and balance ball.

Hopefully, during the morning, internal things will return to normal so I can enjoy the rest of the day's food!

Summary:
a vegetarian day today
one heA and one B
four syns
comfortably frugal and using leftovers
an eating window of between one and seven (because of no breakfast) so 6:18 which is smaller than I would usually have - I can't eat later that seven because I'll be at pottery!

Back to my version of normal tomorrow


4 comments:

  1. Yesterday they were giving away free cream cakes and muffins at the university. I restricted myself to one cream cake and a mini muffin.. oh but how I wanted another cream cake. I was pleased with my willpower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! It's just too easy when they are there on offer, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's a great ratio of eating and fasting, Joy. I had to go out early this morning so had to eat breakfast a bit early. No matter, I will still make sure I don't snack in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked well for me and got me back on track. I suppose there's bound to be some slip-ups fromn time to time and the crucial thing is to get right back to it afterwards and carry on. I really didn't like feeling so uncomfortable!
      xx

      Delete