Sunday 5 January 2020

Sunday, 05-01-20

Good morning.
Yesterday moved along fine until about four thirty, unfortunately.  I'm starting to despair - it's always the same at Dad's and not coming really isn't an option.
Thankfully, the 'no eating after seven' worked a treat and actually, we'd finished dinner by just after six thirty so the eating window was ten to six thirty; eight and a half hours.  That will help in other ways.
It's a new day today!


Here are today's plans.
B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt, yogurt drink
SW:  one healthy extra B, half an A and two syns

L:  leftovers from last night - turkey hotpot; fruit
There's plenty of liquid so it's really very much a chunky soup.
SW:  I used a tbsp oil for the whole lot.  It made ten portions and I allowed two syns yesterday so I'm going to forget about them for today, they're negligible anyway.  

D:  chicken curry and posh rice
I brought the rest of that leftover turkey curry spice mix with me plus one of my chillis from the garden, now dried and very powerful - you only need a tiny bit to pack a punch.  No more turkey available so I got some chicken out of Dad's freezer.
I'll add to it some sweet potato, some mushroom and some sliced peppers as well as the onion so there will be some speed.  The rice is a mix of brown, wild and red rices and is free.
SW:  three syns for some oil and around three for some half fat creme fraiche (it should be cream according to the recipe, but creme fraiche works fine)

Body Magic:  A walk around the 'block' and up the lane!

The eating window will starts at nine and could be later, it depends when Dad is ready to eat, and will go on until seven or just before.  That's ten:fourteen.
I'm a bit low on healthy extras but that's OK - I'll be getting some calcium from the yogurts and the creme fraiche, I guess.
So it's . . .
half a healthy extra A 
one B
and eight syns

On the exercise front, my personal trainer has started posting some daily ten minute sessions on Facebook, to which I have access, so I will do them as often as I can.  Thanks, Lindsey.  And after a bit of financial shuffling, I can afford to go back to weekly with her after this current block of fortnightly sessions has finished so I am very happy about that.  I always leave her sessions feeling a lot better, mentally, than when I arrive as well as the physical benefits.

Note to self:  must get back to Lathcoats and see if they have any more of that spice mix.  It really does make the most delicious curry!

What are your plans today?

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. I am just heading out for my morning walk before breakfast. I think it's another laundry day as the weather is dry enough to line dry. Maybe popping into town later as Tony wants a new pair of slipper. Hope you have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I greatly admire how you keep walking and active despite the leg/hip issues. Good for you - have a lovely day.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Waited until 9:00 for breakfast and finished eating at 7:45 p.m. so almost on track! Tomorrow morning I will do my exercise show before I eat so should be able to wait until 9:30 for breakfast. I find if I have a plan of what I am going to do when I get up in the morning, I am able to wait longer to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things to keep you busy. Yes, that's a good strategy!
      xx

      Delete