Thursday 30 January 2020

Thursday, 30-01-20

Good morning.

Breakfast:  to my shame, I discovered that the bacon bits were - er - shall we say a bit on the geriatric side as soon as I opened the pot so they went straight in the bin.  Luckily, I had some turkey rashers and they are also SW free so I chopped a couple of those and, actually, they were really rather tasty in the omelette.  I will remember that.



I had dinner at lunchtime.  The marinade for the salmon was yogurt, paprika, cumin, coriander and lime juice and it went really well with the salmon (yes, I had two pieces but they were quite small and anyway, I was hungry!).
I had forgotten that the Chubby Cubs dirty rice had some beef n t so it was a fair old mix of protein but the two went surprisingly well together.




To my relief, the day's eating went well and I'm proper back on track after Tuesday's treat.  I managed not to eat after governers' meeting, thankfully.
Onward and downward!
(only one more day to use this divider before I change to a February themed one!)

Here are today's plans.
B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, baked beans, mushroom and potato waffle; mini yogurt drink
A biggie to break a longer than usual fast.
SW:  the potato waffle (which I will toast) is two syns and the yogurt drink is two as well

L:  savoury rice and I will chop in some turkey rashers for extra flavour; piece of fruit
The savoury rice is from the freezer and I was surprised at how much flavour the turkey rashers brought to the omelette yesterday so fingers crossed it does the same today.  There's plenty of speed veg in the rice, so that's OK.
SW:  free

D:  creamy one pot pork pasta, side salad; yogurt
This is another recipe from the wonderful Slimming Eats site which I thoroughly commend to you for ideas, flavours, variety and colour!
SW:  I'm going to use the 35g Philly light the recipe needs as half a heA although it isn't really nowadays.  It could also be 3 syns.

S:  fruit

Body Magic.  maybe a walk, maybe something online plus a pile of ironing and housework.

Summary:
it's a bit carb high today but never mind!
just half a heA so I must see where I can slide in some other healthy extras - maybe some cheese on the savoury rice?
four syns (or seven!)
I'm using plenty of items from the freezer - bacon, savoury rice, potato waffle, pork for the pasta - so it's reasonably frugal in the sense of using up what I have got
the eating window will be between ten and six as it's pottery this evening, making it 8:16




2 comments:

  1. Carbs are a problem with me too. I hardly ever eat pasta or rice, but potatoes and especially bread appear on my menu often. I try not to have carbs at lunch - usually soup, some protein (cheese, egg, salmon) and fruit - but I do have quite a bit at the other two meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not consider cutting carbs as low as I possibly could as some do. I try for a a balance but, as it was planned, I just feel there were too many carbs. Fortunately, it didn't quite work out as planned - not in a bad way though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete