Tuesday 14 January 2020

Tuesday, 14-01-20

Good morning.

Yesterday.

What a great way to break ones fast.  SW free too as I didn't use any extra oil


Lunch was less colourful but just as satisfying.
(PoN2, p 26)












As for dinner, I really can't recommend having sprouts with this.  I had my doubts and I was right!  Salad next time.
The salmon itself, with its marinade, was really lovely.
Next time, I will leave out the coriander from the salsa.  Sadly, I'm one of those people for whom leaf coriander tastes like soap.  I try it again from time to time but no luck.  So it will either be herb free or maybe mint would be nicer, once there's mint in the garden again.
It looks loads because I was using a smaller dessert plate, not my usual dinner plate.
(PoN2, p110)

Today's plans:
B:  beans on toast, fruit, mini yogurt drink
Nice and simple.
SW:  one heB and two syns

L:  quesadillas (from Pinch of Nom 2, p92) salad, fruit
It's a refried bean based recipe which I will have to adapt and I'll let you know.  So far I've not been disappointed with this book
SW:  one heA and one B

D:  cheesy chubby fishcakes (Two Chubby Cubs, p68), some veg (maybe peas); yogurt
Again, I'll let you know.  It looks good from both ingredients and photograph.
SW:  one heA, four syns (for breadcrumbs) and one syn for some brown sauce.  I could save syns by not breadcrumbing them and I might also use two syns for a tsp of oil to fry the fish cake in.

Sn:  fruit

Body Magic:  a walk, Lindsey's 15

It's SW group this morning.  I think I mentioned before that now Jennifer has opened a morning group that I can walk to and the time also suits very well so, while pottery classes are on, I will be going Tuesday mornings, not Wednesday evenings any more.  A bit of extra body magic never hurt anyone.

Summary:
a non meat day
one heA and two Bs
seven (or nine) syns
I treated myself to some cod from the fish stall at the weekend and might use that for the fishcakes which won't be cheap, but on the other hand, I might use tuna or basa instead - the rest is great value
the eating window will be between eleven (after group) and seven   8:16

What are your plans today?



4 comments:

  1. My mum was Indian and loved coriander, like you I thought and still think its soapy tasting. Yuk. Lovely meals Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do keep trying, hoping that it will change, but no luck. Beth is the same. I'm fine with ground coriander, it's just the leaves. We'll just have to manage without, won't we?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting about fish cakes. Maybe I'll have that tonight. I have leftover cauliflower casserole for my veg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very satisfying, somehow and you can put whatever you fancy in them really!
      xx

      Delete