Monday 27 January 2020

Monday, 27-01-20

Morning!
Yesterday was a great day's eating.  So much for diet food being boring!

I know it doesn't look much , but breakfast (overnight oats) was delicious and creamy tasting.

I was so glad I saved some of the steak from Saturday and, with the dressing, it was delicious.  I was very happy with the dressing and have posted about it separately as I'll be making it again and again.

And this was absolutely great.  The burger itself is two skinny sausages (to be honest, one would have been enough), skins removed, mixed with a bit of grain mustard and some chilli flakes, shaped into a patty.  I wanted a crunchy outer coating; not bread (I'd had my heBs), not polenta (don't have any) so I chose to use couscous which is SW free.  Now, to be fair, the infamous 'tweak' rule says that it should be synned when used like this but I don't have much time for the whole tweak thing so tough.  You should be aware though, if you want to try this and follow the SW rules strictly.
So I egged and couscoused my patty and fried it in spray oil.  Together with a bacon medallion and one cheese of slice, it was super delicious and the dry fried tomatoes and the sweet potato fries (100g for two and a half syns) complimented the burger perfectly and I will definitely be making it again, with or without the bread roll.

Such a tasty day!

Today's food plans are:
B:  bacon, egg, mushrooms and baked beans, mini yogurt drink
Just because it's a wet morning and this cheers me up!
SW:  two syns

L:  bean and veg soup topped with grated cheese, fruit
SW:  one heA

D:  sweet chilli chicken, salad, cajun vegetable chips (parsnip and carrot, done in the actifry); yogurt
The chicken recipe is from one of the SW recipe books.
SW:  the books tells me it is one syn per portion.  If I add 1 tsp oil to the veg chips, that will be a further two syns.

S:  easy peelers

Body Magic:  a short walk, balance ball exercises

Summary
one heA
five syns
reasonably frugal - the 'happy' chicken is from Aldi so less costly that other places
eating window between ten and seven - 9:15

4 comments:

  1. The burgers sound lovely, I'll have to try them. Isn't it great when a food trial works out ok? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on the 'tweak' nonsense. If you'd put a couple of spoons of couscous on the side of your plate it would be acceptable. How on earth is it different if you put on the sides of your patty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I appreciate that it's sometimes easy to over-consume but then one could do that legitimately and no-one would bat an eye!
      I remember sharing a simple recipe (frozen cherries and yogurt to make a sort of iced dessert) at group and being told it was a tweak so the cherries should be synned. It caused quite a discussion.
      It is nonsense and I don't give it the time of day except to mention it in case any readers feel differently.
      xx

      Delete