Saturday 4 January 2020

Saturday, 04-01-20

Good morning!
Yesterday went really well, apart from the evening but, you know, just one evening.  Back to it now!  Eating out with Dad is always a good time.

As hoped, the Chubby Cubs' book arrived on Thursday.  I should say 'books' because, somehow, I seem to have ordered two.  No problem, I can do something with the other one.  Perhaps a raffle for the charity we support in our SW groups or just a give away.  Or maybe I could do something in here.
I'll have a think about it. 

I'll review it when I've had a good look.  Ditto for the new Pinch of Nom book too. 

Thank you for the bread comments.  Home made bread is always seriously tempting but I seem to have got that particular problem sorted, no idea how but it's good.  I leave it a day (wrapped, of course) and then it's ready to slice well, after which it goes into the freezer.  Out of sight, out of temptation's way!
I have a few odds and ends of bought bread in the freezer to finish off and then it's home made all the way again.  It's a decision I feel really good about; I have missed my breadmaking very much.


Today's food will, I think, look rather like this . . . subject to Dad's approval.
B:  fruit yogurt and a selection of fruit, yogurt drink (we each have different breakfasts so this is just mine)
SW:  half a syn for the fruit yogurt and two syns for the drink.  I got the drinks from Sainsburys this time, about 33p each which is half the price of benecol, and the yogurt was YS.  Dad doesn't have yogurt so I always bring my own.

L:  probably beans on toast
SW:  one heB for the wholewheat bread 

D:  turkey 'hotpot'
A good, healthy casserole type thing here.  I have shallots, potato, sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, parsnip and some great chunks of leftover turkey with stock from the bird and by boiling up the carcass and bits.  It will be the end of the Christmas turkey apart from three portions of sliced white meat and three portions of  chunks, all of which are in the freezer.
After a bit of a turkey break, I will probably get another leg/thigh pack.  It's tasty and really great value.  And I can make Dad some more turkey hotpot - he loves it so much.
SW:  the stew itself is free unless I sweat the vegetables in a bit of oil - and that would be six syns for a tablespoonful.  I don't know how many portions I'm going to get yet but it won't be more than two syns per portion, probably less.  30g of grated cheese on top will be one heA

Today has around four syns, one A and one B.  It's still pretty frugal and uses leftovers and lots of fruit and veg.  It's a meat day - all days with Dad are meat days - but only for one meal.
The eating window will be between nine and seven, so ten hours.  Not bad under the circumstances.

What are your plans for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment