Wednesday 1 January 2020

Wednesday, 01-01-20

Good morning.  I'm typing this through a very mild post-alcohol fog which is rapidly clearing as I rehydrate!

New year; new year start.  The food disaster called New Year's Eve is past and gone and I'm looking forward.

The turkey and leek pie I made yesterday was absolutely delicious.  For a start, it was made using some of the brown meat from the leg/thigh that I bought on Monday and the stock was proper bone stock.  But it's just a very simple and delicious recipe using flavoursome ingredients and I am definitely going to make it again, adapted to work with Slimming World.
Here's the original recipe.

When I make it again, I will use syns for a little bit of butter to sweat the leeks.  You don't need very much.  I will also spend a few syns on flour to thicken and I will use either half fat creme fraiche or, maybe, ricotta, quark or yogurt and be careful not to boil it.  It will make a super topping for a jacket potato or under a mash topping rather than pastry.


Today definitely needs to be a non-meat day so here's the plans.

B:  poached eggs on toast, yogurt drink
Nice and safe and filling.  To keep the unbuttered toast from getting soggy, I spray a bit of oil on the egg side before toasting.  The calories are negligible and you get a nice crisp side to your toast
SW:  one heB for the toast and two syns for the yogurt

L:  some sort of veg soup, fruit and natural yogurt
I need to sort out the veg in the fridge anyway, to see what I have and need to get, so I will use odds and ends and add some lentils or maybe some pulses.  I know I have a broccoli stem as well so that can go in.
SW:  if I decide to zizz the soup, I will add some milk for half a heA.  If not, maybe I will have 20g finely grated light cheddar instead

D:  honey and mustard salmon, roasted vegetables, sprouts
I've found this recipe on the SW Lifeline Online site.  If you have access, just look through the salmon recipes and there it is.
SW:  half a syn for the recipe (it says) and two syns for 1 tps oil for the roasted veg

Body Magic:  a walk to and back from Morrisons, balance ball exercises
Today, being the first day if 2020, I will start using my exercise diary.  Last year I bought a really nice little diary, about the size of two credit cards, to keep in my bag and to record any exercise - what and how long for.  Today, being the first, I will start using it!


Non-meat day
One heB and half a heA
Three and a half syns
Eating window: 9:30 to 7, nine and a half hours.
The salmon isn't cheap but I am using what I have and this salmon was bought in the market so much better value than supermarket salmon.

What are your plans for today?



4 comments:

  1. Love the colour of your diary!

    I've done my main exercise for the day, and I'm off to a football match at lunchtime so I have a nice 20 minute walk each way, uphill on the way back. That's as active as I choose to be today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - purple is great!
      I reckon that's pretty active, especially uphill, although downhill is very good for the leg muscles, I think.
      Enjoy the football!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Joy. I too have a nice diary and it will remain on the coffee table for Tony and I to both write in. New year new me with a bit of luck and restraint. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will both succeed. Hope is a very helpful thing.
      A good idea to have a communal diary.
      vv

      Delete