Friday 24 January 2020

Recipe: cheesy mushroom and chorizo omelette

This is really simple but I thought I'd share it anyway.  It's very flexible and you can add whatever fillings you want.


Ingredients for one:
two deli sized slices of chorizo, chopped (around ten grams - one and a half syns)
one large or two small chestnut (or other) mushrooms, diced or thinly sliced
two eggs
30g strong cheddar, finely grated (one heA)
bit of seasoning, herbs, etc, to taste
spray oil

I also have a molto cheapo omelette maker that I got from Aldi but it's just as simple to make this in the pan.

Method:

Place the chorizo in a small pan and heat until the oil starts running.  Then add the mushroom dice and fry for about three minutes, stirring regularly.  Set aside to cool a little.

If using an omelette maker, start to preheat it.

Whisk the two eggs until getting fluffy.  Stir in the chorizo and mushrooms, add the cheese and any seasonings/herbs you fancy.  Be careful with salt because of the chorizo and cheese.  I didn't add any.

Carefully pour the egg mixture into the sprayed omelette maker (or omelette sized pan) and cook.  My machine takes around six minutes.

When done, remove and eat straight away with a side salad.

One and a half syns, one heA and SP friendly

5 comments:

  1. That does sound very tasty indeed. I think it would make a lovely breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would, wouldn't it? It's definitely on my list of reliable regulars.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks. It was really tasty and I enjoyed it very much indeed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be my breakfast tomorrow but without the chorizo. Also I usually put it in a croissant roll but that's a bit decadent and unnecessary. Better with a salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could spray fry some tomatoes and mushrooms to have with it, if you like, but a salad is definitely more healthy than a croissant roll.
      xx

      Delete