Wednesday 15 January 2020

Wednesday, 15-01-20

Good morning: I hope everyone is OK after the strong winds.

Yesterday's post seems to have had a lot of hits/views or whatever the word is.  That's really nice; welcome and please feel free to follow or comment (or both).

I was so pleased at SW group yesterday morning.  Not only had I lost weight, I was Slimmer of the Week.  Yay!!  I'm now really motivated to carry on in the same way.

Before getting on to today's food, just a couple of photos of yesterday's food.

Quesadillas are always nice and this recipe is no exception.  I left out the leaf coriander from the salsa and it was delicious.
(PoN2, p 92)








And the Chubby Cubs' fishcake was also tasty although it was HUGE - and I did weigh everything out carefully.
(C C, p68)

Both these recipes required non-cheddar cheese so I went a bit against my principles and bought some lower fat mozzarella and some gruyere.  However, I reckon cheddar would be nicer so I'll use that next time.

This recipe asked for some chives (if possible).  I took a look at mine and, because of the mild weather, there was a bit showing, but there was little flavour so I may as well have left them alone!  Spring onions would have done instead.



Today's plans are a bit different.  I'm out for lunch with friend Jackie so, rather than squash a late breakfast and an earlier-than-usual lunch into my day, I'm just having my yogurt drink after ten, as usual, and then wait for lunch.
I have no idea where we're going.

So . . .
B:  mini yogurt drink
SW:  two syns

L:  eating out and I will enjoy myself.

D:  pizza loaded fries, side salad, yogurt
This is not nearly as naughty as it sounds as it's from the PoN book 2, p74.  Basically, it's SW cooked chips with tomato and cheese on the top and it should be tasty!  It's also frugal which is just as well because goodness knows how much lunch will cost!
SW:  one heA and two syns for 1 tsp oil (because I think this makes nicer chips than just using spray oil)

S:  if I have any, it will be fruit

Body Magic:  there's not much opportunity for a walk today but I still have the balance ball stuff and Lindsey's 15 (and I've done a separate post about this).

No summary today as I'm off plan apart from the food window.

What are your plans for today?



4 comments:

  1. Well done for being Slimmer of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was really chuffed! Aiming for Month now but that won't be easy with lots of new members! :-) I can but try!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Really well done Joy, I'm so pleased for you. The fishcake looks nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. Stronger chives would have made a difference and, I think, less potato. Salmon instead of cod would also work well. Lots of variations.
      Thanks - I was very happy.
      xx

      Delete