Saturday 11 January 2020

Recipe: sausage and bean one pot

I've just had a delicious lunch and thought I'd share it.  It was adapted from this recipe on the Good Food site and I quartered the amounts.  As you've got the link, I will just say what I changed.


1.  The sausages.  I used two Aldi skinny sausages for one syn, took off the skins and put the sausage meat in a bowl.  I grated in half an apple (cored), added a level tsp of grain mustard (half a syn), squidged it all together (with my hands) and shaped it into little meatballs; it made seven.  I then fried them in spray oil until browned all over before setting aside.
(you could use whatever added flavours you fancied)

2.  I spent two syns on one tsp oil to fry/sweat the vegetables.

3.  I used some chicken stock powder instead of beef stock to add to the chopped tomatoes (which had been pureed into a sort of passata), I added a squidge of tomato puree and I used garlic granules.

4.  After zizzing the bread into crumbs, I mixed in one heAs-worth of finely grated cheddar.

5.  I finished it off in the oven at 180C

And it was not only absolutely delicious, I could only get half of it down, with some mini tomatoes on the side.  So you can halve all those syns.

I will wrap what's left in parchment and have it tomorrow for lunch.  It might be even nicer tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks delicious. I eat quite a lot of sausages but not beans too often, must try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a go, I think. It was delicious and I'm already looking forward to the secand half for lunch today. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sausage and beans one pot looks so delicious :). I will definitely try it out. For people who want to lose weight, I recommend https://tinyurl.com/lptitox.
    It works very well, I have already lost 9 pounds. Do it, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete