Monday 6 September 2021

Monday, 06-09-21

Good morning.
Today is going to be a tricky day, I think.  Beth and I are having lunch out and, on looking at the menu, there doesn't seem to be a lot of healthy stuff, sadly.  Still, I will do my best and let's hope.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast might look great but it was a dismal failure.  For the first time in goodness knows how long, the eggs weren't cooked properly and I ended up throwing most of them away.  Without the egg, the lo dough was also not nice so that, too, went in the bin.

I had an apple instead.
Lunch was better and went down a treat, followed my a plum and a nectarine.

I then had a hungry afternoon, probably because of breakfast.
I was just about to dive into the cheese when I remembered I had found a recipe on Slimming Eats for a sort of oat cookie.  Healthier than cheese, thought I, forgetting that I hadn't planned any healthy As.  So I mixed the ingredients, baked them, nibbled one and urgh - it was vile.  So they, too, went in the bin.  Actually, in retrospect, they might have been nicer with cheese as a savoury.  Something to remember.
By that time, the need-to-eat feeling had faded somewhat, thank goodness, but what a waste of food, eh?

I'm very glad I decided not to do the pommes parmentier - I'd never have got through it all.  As it was, this was delicious - and if I may be allowed a moment of smugness, the corn and the beans were from the allotment and the tomatoes were from he garden.  Most satisfying!
As usual, I finished off with a yogurt.

Today's plans:

B:  weetabix, fruit and yogurt
Quick and easy and not too calorific
SW:  half a healthy extra B, half a healthy extra A, maybe half a syn depending on which yogurt I have.

L:  no idea - eating out.  I will do my best but it all depends on the choices available.

D:  Italian chicken; yogurt
I found this in a Good Housekeeping recipe collection.  I've looked but can't find it online, sorry.  However it is very simple - just chicken, mushroom onion and tomato with some leaves.  If I feel lunch was OK, I could have rice with it, or pasta, but if not, it's fine by itself.
I have a yellow courgette so I will probably add that too.
SW:  all speed. free or protein apart from half a syn for the yogurt

E:  it's the first session of small group circuits with Lindsey today.  I'm looking forward to it very much.

Summary:
Unknown really, but the planned food is:
half a healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
one syn



No comments:

Post a Comment