Thursday 23 September 2021

Thursday, 23-09-21

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

It might not look very swish, but this breakfast totally filled me up.
The falafels worked really well, so easy to make and very tasty.   The nice thing is, you can really add whatever spice/herbs you wan to.  I'm wondering what a bit of crumbled feta in the mix would be like.
 I had four out of the seven made in the pitta and nibbled the other three as a snack later on in the afternoon.
I also had an apple.
Well, I can heartily recommend the steak casserole, it was delicious and the dumpling was real rib sticking comfort food.  The plate looks loaded, I know, because of all the veg I had; the casserole itself was, as it said, a mini meal.  Small but enough for me.
The whole meal was around 376 calories - perfect for a lunch on a cold, miserable day!
I will get that again.
I totally forgot to have the yogurt!


Today's plans:

B:  bacon and egg muffin with tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
I haven't had this for ages so it's about time, isn't it?
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muffin plus one syn for some bbq sauce

L:  courgette fritters with mango chutney yogurt and a side salad
This does carry some syns and I am going to add some grated cheese to the mix because it's nice.
SW:  three syns for plain flour, one and a half syns for mango chutney and one healthy extra A for grated cheddar.  If I have mayo, that will be one syn max

D:  steak, butternut squash chips, roasted tomatoes; yogurt
I have the last bit of a butternut squash to use up and I might cut it into chips or cubes, I'll see how I feel when I come to prep it.  I have loads of tomatoes to use up and will probably roast them with some onion and garlic.  The steak is because I feel like a treat meal but might morph into chicken instead.  I'll decide later on.
SW:  up to two syns, depending on what chutney I have with the steak plus half a syn for dessert

E:  circuit exercises, maybe some walking

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
nine syns


4 comments:

  1. What did you have for breakfast I'm intrigued. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just weetabix, Greek yogurt (underneath the fruit), pineapple, milk and a little bit of chocolate and orange sauce.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh.... I thought it was some sort of burger and boiled potatoes.

      Delete