Monday 20 September 2021

Monday, 20-09-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:




Breakfast was left-over dessert from the night before, kept in the fridge overnight - hence the condensation.
I'm glad I didn't try to tackle it Saturday evening - it was very filling indeed.
It set me up for the allotment good and proper, no fibbing!

Lunch was surprisingly nice.  It was the Count on Us chicken in creamy mushroom sauce.
The potatoes were rather soft - I might do something else with them next time - take them out and maybe slice and spray fry them, there weren't enough beans but that's OK, one can do more veg and the chicken and mushroom sauce was very nice.  The sauce was too thin but, again, it would be an easy matter to pop in a few thickening granules.  
The tomatoes weren't part of the ready meal.

I'm glad I have another one in the freezer.



I enjoyed dinner too.  I just baked the pork steak, the roasties were done in the actifry and the whole thing was made in half an hour.  The chargrilled Med veg (from the freezer) ended up somewhat more charred than intended but they still tasted OK.

The day finished off with some yogurt.


Today's meal plans:

B:  egg on 'fried' bread with tomatoes on the side
I will do the usual spraying the bread on one side to give an impression of fried bread.  It keeps it crispy too.  To fry the eggs, again I use a bit of spray oil, pop the eggs in a pan, cover them and they just cook nicely.  The hardest bit is catching them, just at the right moment.
My goodness, how I will miss the tomatoes when they have finished cropping.  The ripening is slowing down now but the fruit still keeps coming.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the bread

L:   fresh fig and feta salad; fruit
Last week I bought some figs and I looked around for a simple recipe to use, finding this one.
https://larderlove.com/fig-feta-salad/
It looks extremely easy, adaptable to fit SW, using healthy extras and a few syns and, something I love about some online recipes, has a button to scale it down to one serving before printing it off.  Pinch of Nom has the same function and it's useful.
So the sourdough will become one slice of wholemeal (not the same at all, but OK), the 50g feta will become 65g M&S lighter Greek salad cheese for a healthy A choice and I will cut the pine nuts completely because I don't have any in.
For the dressing, I will make it more or less straight, using a tbsp olive oil for six syns, agave nectar for half a syn while the vinegar is SW free.
Very do-able, don't you think?  And even with the oil it is calorie and SW friendly 
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a healthy extra B plus seven syns

D:  balsamic chicken pasta, side salad; yogurt
This is another recipe from the Good Housekeeping fast and easy collection and it looks nice.  
Here's the link:   
I will use spray oil and runner beans as I don't have green beans (yet).  I'll change or cut the herbs as I dislike basil and don't have fresh parsley - maybe scatter on some dried parsley a bit earlier in the recipe  Oh, and cut the pasta to 50g dry weight because I know that's enough for me.  
SW:  I think it's all speed and free unless I have mayo on any side salad.  Dessert is half a syn.

E:  it's circuit training with Lindsey today.  Always good fun.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven and a half, possibly eight and a half syns





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that fresh fig and feta sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. Even without the pine nuts it sounds lovely. I'm looking forward to my meals today. :-) xx

      Delete