Tuesday 21 September 2021

Tuesday, 21-09-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:

I just totally forgot to take a photo of breakfast but it was as planned.

The fig and feta salad for lunch was fab, really delicious.  I'm glad I spent the syns on a proper dressing.
No fruit for afters - I was too full.
The baslamic chicken pasta was nice enough but, to be honest, nothing special  I could make a better sauce, I think.  However, I liked the idea of blending all the veg sauce ingredients down, I may very well adopt that.  Most of my sauces are chunky

I decided to have runner beans instead of a salad, seeing as I soon won't have any beans to pick.  The season is pretty much over now so I need to make the most of what is left.

For dessert, I had natural yogurt with some chocolate sauce and it was delicious.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I have pineapple and kiwi to use up and a lovely big tub of Yeo 0% fat Greek style yogurt, so this will make a delicious breakfast!
SW:  if I have some choc and raspberry sauce, that will be one and a half syns

L:  cheese and chutney toastie, side salad
Over the weekend, I made some apple and sultana chutney and it is time to test it out.  While I don't have definitive syns for the home made chutney, I have looked up apple chutney in general and it seems to be between one and two syns per tbsp so I will call it two to be on the safe side.
SW:  two healthy extra As for cheese, one B for bread and two syns (to be on the safe side) for the chutney

D:   chicken, mango and chickpea curry with konjac rice; yogurt
This caught my eye as I was leafing through my Free and Easy Collection from Good Housekeeping.  Most of these recipes are online but I don't grudge buying the book - I'd never have found them otherwise.  Here's the link: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/recipes/a535504/chicken-mango-chickpea-curry-recipe/
Luckily, I have a little can of coconut milk and I've been wanting to make some falafels for ages so the leftover chickpeas won't be wasted.  The mango will be from the freezer and I will cut the leaf coriander completely, disgusting stuff!  Ditto the spinach because I don't have any but I do have salad leaves I could add instead - I suspect some of those are spinach anyway - or maybe a small handful of frozen peas or I have some yellow courgette from the allotment to use up.
SW:  Most of the ingredients are SW free.  The Thai curry paste is too small to count, the coconut milk is four and a half syns and the konjac rice is one syn.  Dessert is half a syn 

E:  allotment digging, weather permitting

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. That chicken , mango and chickpea curry sounds lovely and I have everything in my cupboard to make it so I've made a mental note to come back and look at that again.

    ReplyDelete