Monday 13 September 2021

Monday, 13-09-21

 Good morning.
Here we are at the start of  new healthy eating week.  I'm so pleased with how things are going right now (touching wood as I type) because, whatever the scales show or not, I know things are fitting me better and I feel lighter and slimmer again.  It is a great feeling.  There's a way to go before I lose all my comfort-eating weight but I'm getting there!

After the feast on Friday evening, the weekend was hard.  I really wanted to nibble all the time, even though I wasn't hungry and, yes, I struggled, but I didn't 'pop to Morrisons' and I (generally) kept to plan.  Things are definitely improving regarding those hungry days.

I know the above might sound a bit show-offy.  I don't mean to, I'm just very happy with progress right now and sharing it with you.

I looked up the difference between roasting and baking and Google tells me that they are pretty much the same, the main differences being what the food is and the temperature, roasting being doing at a higher temperature than baking - which makes a mockery of 'slow roasting'!  
In other words, it is common usage rather than any difference in actual technique.  You roast meat, you bake cakes and bread - you can bake meat but not roast bread and cakes.
So now I know!

Yesterday's meals:

Underneath those two eggs is two halves of fried bread (as described yesterday).  I think eggs taste much nicer on fried bread than they do on toast.
The tomatoes are still garden grown and do very tasty.  I'm not looking forward to having to buy them from the shop again and, of necessity, reducing the amount I eat.
To my great delight, freezing and defrosting the sushi made no discernible difference to it.  I'm so pleased and now will always keep a few packs in the freezer.

I nibbled on fruit a fair bit in the afternoon - fruit and tomatoes!
A really nice roast dinner.  The chicken was great, roasted as described yesterday.  Instead of just courgettes, I decided to have a sort of Med veg vibe with courgette, yellow pepper, baby corn, tomatoes and a couple of garlic cloves, tossed in spray oil and then roasted in the same oven as the chicken.  I really ought to have just laid the chicken over the veg and let what flavour came out be absorbed by the veg and next time I will.

I wonder if one could do a similar sort of thing with a thin pork steak or hammered out beef steak.  Worth a try - it is nice to have a roast dinner now and again and catering for one doesn't lent itself to a joint of meat.

I finished off with a yogurt, as usual.

Today's plans:

B:  breakfast wrap
The wrap will be a thin omelette and I will make a filling with a bit of onion, some peppers, mushrooms, baby corn and tomatoes, all softened beforehand.  I may well spread some bbq sauce over the omelette before filling it.
SW:  one syn max for the bbq sauce

L:  bean and veg soup, cheesy toast; fruit
The soup is the last portion from the freezer so I will need to make some more soup at some point.  It's nice to have a supply available.
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese and half a B for one slice wholemeal

D:  chicken and bacon burger with salad and chips; yogurt
. . . just because I can and also I didn't have my usual chips over the weekend - and I love it!
I won't breadcrumb the chicken this time, I will just dust it with a spice mix and spray fry it before popping it with the bacon and chutney into half a pitta pocket.  Using half a pitta pocket may sounds weird but the Warburton's soft pittas are so nice and a whole one is too large for this so why not use half?
Also, looking up over lunch and breakfast plans, I have a healthy extra going spare so adding some cheese may well be on the menu too.
SW:  half a syn for some of my red onion chutney and half a healthy extra B for half a pitta pocket.  Also half a syn for dessert

E:  it's circuits at Lindsey's today.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns

No comments:

Post a Comment