Tuesday 28 September 2021

Tuesday, 28-09-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:

A nice selection of fruit with a yogurt for breakfast.
Chicken tikka salad for lunch - I used the zesty lemon salad dressing spray and it was lovely.
I didn't have any fruit afterwards.
This is the closest I got to taking a photo of dinner.  The chicken is cooked, the sauce is zizzed.  I added grated cheddar and gave it another half an hour in the oven while the chips cooked.  With a very simple salad, it went down a treat and, to my delight, I have been able to pop two pieces of chicken and sauce (not much cheese though!) in the freezer for easy lunches or dinners another time.
I didn't make a fruit salad, we just had fresh fruit - apples, easy peelers and plums.  

If it hadn't been for the wine, it would have been a most healthy meal.  As it was - this morning, I have a headache!  :-)
Today's plans:

B:  corned beef, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Sounds odd, I know, but the corned beef needs using up and I am certainly not wasting it!  I think I will rather like this breakfast.
SW:  the corned beef is one and a half syns for the 100g I have.

L:  tandoori chicken, salad; fruit
I found this on a newly discovered site, Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy; fruit
https://www.easypeasy-lemonsqueezy.co.uk/tandoori-chicken-slimming-style/
It looked do-able and simple so let's give it a go.  I'll have it on shredded lettuce with some other salad veg on the side and a squeeze of lemon juice over.   Thinking of it reminds me of my days as a student in London eating out at cheap Indians in the early days of said eating places - one of which was later successfully prosecuted for serving up horse meat as chicken.  Ooops!
SW:  it all looks speed and free to me

D:  macaroni cheese, SW style, veg; yogurt
Another from the same site:  https://www.easypeasy-lemonsqueezy.co.uk/mac-n-cheese-slimming-style/
To it, I will add half an A of grated cheese, probably hard Italian, for extra cheesiness.
I'll cut the pasta to 50g as that is always plenty for me.
The veg is likely to be green beans as they are multiplying rapidly at the moment.
SW:  one tbsp crème fraiche will be one and a half syns, the laughing cow triangles will he half a healthy extra A choice and the extra cheese will make it up to one healthy extra A.  Dessert will be half a syn.

E:  some circuit exercises

Summary:
one, maybe a bit more, healthy extra A
no B choice today
three and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. I'm really liking fruit at the moment (never having been much of a fruit eater before!). The peaches and nectarines are particularly lovely right now. Your chicken dish looks delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been good this year, I think.

      I love hunter's chicken. It's just about my favourite. I'm glad it looks nice as well as tasting nice.
      xx

      Delete