Wednesday 29 September 2021

Wednesday, 29-09-21

 Good morning!
It seems to be the week for entertaining what with the wedding on Saturday and Dave and Anna round on Monday.  This evening, I have Beth round for dinner and a DVD.  She's not staying overnight which is good as it means no alcohol (I won't if she isn't) and I needed an excuse to make those courgette fritters again as they were so delicious and the courgette plants down the allotment are going great guns now.

It just goes to show that you can be generally true to Slimming World and entertain, although I suppose I should wait and see what those scales say on Friday really.  I'm really hoping for a maintain although I have generally followed my own rules and only had alcohol on one evening (Monday), albeit rather too much and while Saturday was off plan, the other two meals are definitely on plan.  The calories look OK too.

Fingers crossed.

Yesterday's meals:

For breakfast, l I had leftover corned beef and also a few leftover chips so I chopped up the chips and gently stray fried the two together.  Really tasty.
This newly discovered recipe site (Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy) is a real discovery.    This tandoory chicken was absolutely delicious.  It was chicken, spices and lemon juice mixed with yogurt and all marinated together before simply baking in a hot oven.  So flavoursome and dead easy.
I made a right mess of the other recipe from the same site.  I cooked the macaroni, added cheese triangles and some additional grated cheddar, spread it over the bacon and mushrooms and popped in the oven - and then realised I'd forgotten the light crème fraiche.
So I got it out, added the crème fraiche, mixed it it making a right mess of it, and then put it back in to heat up properly.
It tasted amazing, very cheesy and flavoursome but it looks such a mess.  Definitely an excuse to make this again very soon and do it properly next time!

I had a kvarg to finish the day off.


Today's plans:

B:  cheesy beans on toast.  
Yum!
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and half a B for one slice of toast

L:  cold chicken, salad; fruit
I have the last of the chicken tikka slices to use up.  I might possibly have the rest for the baked beans instead of salad although the thought doesn't really appeal.  However, I don't want any left over really.
SW:  about one syn for the chicken and one for some mayo.

D:  courgette fritters, chips, bit of salad or some veg; yogurt or fruit
Too many chips this week but Beth loves them and they are done the SW happy way so it should be OK.  I will try cooking the fritters on the teppanyaki so I can do them all at the same time.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese in the fritters and half a syn for the yogurt.

E:  just home exercises today.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
two and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely couple of days' meals, Joy - good idea to fry the leftover corned beef and chips together. Re the baked beans....if I'm making tomato soup, either with fresh or tinned toms, I sometimes add baked beans to it and whizz the soup up with my stick blender. The beans help to thicken the soup and it tastes lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home made tomato soup is just so delicious, isn't it - and soup season is close at hand now as the whole salad vibe fades! :-)
      xx

      Delete