Monday 3 July 2023

Monday, 03-07-23

Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's photos:
Breakfast went down a real treat.  I was just going to use strawberries but found a little bit of pineapple to finish off.


It's ages since I had what is basically bangers and mash and I really enjoyed it.  I had an apple for afters.

The onion, apple and cheese worked really well but I had had a picky late afternoon and I am sure I totally went over syns and calories and oh, dear!

I do know why.  One of my daughter's beloved cats went missing on Saturday morning and yesterday was all very worrying when there was neither sight nor sound of him so I resorted to comfort eating, of course.  Didn't sleep well either (same reason) so there you go.  Emotional eating.

I've just read on Facebook that he is back so three cheers!!  A shame about the syn/calorie damage but I'm so relieved and very happy!


Today's plans:

B:  toast and marmite, fruit and yogurt
Loving toast made with my home made bread, even if the top does overtoast a bit!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the toast

L:  satay chicken skewers and bacon salad with caesar dressing
Just a nice mixed salad with a chicken kebab (from Iceland) topped with some bacon and some caesar dressing (which I will probably mix with some yogurt) and I can make some croutons in Nellie.
SW:  The skewers are two syns and I might have two of them (I'll see how I feel) and the dressing is two and a half syns for a level tbsp, plus half a healthy extra B

D:  h m lasagne, probably salad; yogurt
On someone's Facebook channel, I saw that she had made a lasagne using a can of Aldi's chicken in white sauce, blended, as the white lasagne sauce, something I have been pondering about for a while.  She said it worked and tasted good so . . .
I can use a portion of my basic savoury mince, jazzed up with extra speed veg, maybe a few lentils, etc, to make enough for two layers, blend down half a can's worth of the sauce with some of the chicken (and I have an idea for how to use it tomorrow).  It sounds simple and without all that much fuss so - well, it can't be horrible, can it?
I will let you know.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for cheese (probably less) and half a syn for the sauce.  I will have 0% yogurt so syn free.

Exercise:  circuits

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven syns

2 comments:

  1. What a relief that Beth's cat made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. It was a huge relief all round. That little cat is very special to us all but especially to Beth. xx

      Delete