Saturday 22 July 2023

Saturday, 22-07-23

Good morning, everyone.

REALLY happy with a pound off yesterday.  Slowly getting nearer and nearer to target again and really enjoying the journey as I do so.

After last week's PoN explorations, I fancied having another theme for this week.  I recently made a small order of JD Seasonings and will be using them as a basis for dinners and lunches this coming week.
I was so ashamed to discover a pile of them in the cupboard out of date a short while ago.  I hate throwing food away!  So this week I am targeting them.


This is what they look like - little pots of spice mixes with a card wrapper that has a recipe on it.
And all the spice mixes are syn free on Slimming World and there's enough for four portions.  The pots have replaceable lids so you can use what you need and set the rest aside for another time.
I'm not an 'ambassador' or anything, I have no discount code, I just think they are really good.  Here's the link to the site.

Yesterday's photos:

A brilliant start to my last day of the week on PoN.  Cinnamon and apple pancakes teamed with some yogurt and raspberries and half a tbsp maple syrup for one syn extra.



Very nice penne arrabbiata with added courgette.  It came out very spicy, hence the yogurt, and, in fact, what I made was way too much so that's today's lunch sorted out.

Courgette will probably feature strongly for a while, while they are producing in the garden.  😋
This is as far as I got with the Normandy style chicken because I committed that classic faux pas of not reading the recipe, just the ingredients.  Turned out this needed time in the oven so I had some bread and cheese for dinner (wasn't that hungry anyway) which takes me over syns but it won't be that bad really.

What you see didn't have the cream cheese added.  I'll do that today after reheating it before dinner.

I had got today's meals all worked out but now it's all change and the JD Seasonings meals will just have to wait.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit platter, yogurt
I have plenty of fruit so this should be good.
SW:  half a syn for 2% Greek yogurt

L:  penne arrabbiata with mixed beans, cheese and yogurt, side salad; fruit
Yesterday's lunch leftovers.  I think I will add some mushroom and maybe some more pepper.  I do love what SW calls 'speed food'.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for cheese, half a syn for 2% yogurt

D:  Normandy style chicken with added veg; yogurt
What I made yesterday and I will add some more veg rather than cook it separately, I think, and have it as a sort of chunky casserole rather than cook rice.
It will make enough for a big portion today and another big portion later in the week (I'll plan it is and freeze it before adding the cheese.
SW:  one tsp Dijon mustard is half a syn and 45g philly light is three and a half syns.  

Exercise:  an online SET class

Summary:
no healthy extras
five and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment