Thursday 20 July 2023

Thursday, 20-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom

Good morning, everyone.
Day six and this week is nearly over.  Weigh in tomorrow and I'm feeling just a bit worried given how well I've eaten this week.  Eeeeek!

Thinking about it, I've put quite a lot of work into the recipes I have used, either in linking them with the SW plan, adapting them or suggesting changes for next time.
Will I remember?  Of course I won't.

So what I'm going to do today is get out my post its, go through all the entries this week and make relevant notes on a post it which I can then stick in the right page.  I have an ingrained dislike of writing actually on the page but post its are different, aren't they?  Then I will remember next time and won't constantly be reinventing the wheel.

Yesterday's photos:

I had an appointment with the optician a nine so, as I didn't want any rumbling tums, I had an apple before I left home.
It worked!

I had this when I got home - marmite mushrooms on toast - followed by a couple of easy peelers because I didn't have the planned tomatoes.


While this concoction was very tasty - I mean, potato, corned beef and tomatoes is always going to be tasty, it was just a gloop, an ordinary  hash, not a recipe that really worked.  To be fair, I used corned beef instead of ham, but I think it would have glooped just as much.
I ate it and I enjoyed it !

Afters was a peach and a nectarine, both of which were wrinkly but very sweet and juicy.
Now this creamy maple and bacon chicken was really good.  It was more cheesy than creamy because I use Seriously light cheese instead of Philly light (because of using an A) but if I had just been doing Pinch of Nom without cross matching it to Slimming World, I'd have happily used Philly and it would have been creamy.

No room for anything else.

Today's plans:

B:  full English wrap
From Pinch of Nom (the first book), p 24
This is just an egg wrap made with two eggs and treated like a wrap so filled with bacon, a sausage, beans, mushroom, tomato and a bit of grated cheese.
Nice and filling.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for cheese and half a syn for a Heck chipolata or maybe a bit more for a different sausage - when I audited my freezer the other day, I found I had a ridiculous number of sausages.  Ultra processed some of them may be but I really can't waste them . . . 

L:  Welsh rarebit potatoes, beans, tomatoes; fruit
From Everyday Light, p 210
This is a simple one - just a baked potato stuffed with spready cheese, onion and various seasonings and topped with a bit of grated cheddar.  I have beans left over from breakfast so they can be one side while my favourite tomatoes will be another.
I will indulge in some salad cream - I love salad cream on a cheesy jacket potato - awful, I know.
SW:  one healthy extra A for spready cheese and half an A for grated cheddar plus one syn for salad cream.  The rest is syn free

D:  Out for the evening
There's a farewell get together at school and I've simply ordered chips.  There is a logic here - I will feel little guilt at leaving most of my chips but would find it really hard to justify wasting fish or chicken, the other options.  It's take your own drink so I'm taking Schloer Zero
Before I leave home, I will have an apple and, if I am peckish when I get home, I have some 2% yogurt and some berries - I find that surprisingly filling but it won't sit heavy just before bedtime.
SW:  unknown

Exercise:  a Lindsey online class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
no healthy extra B
syns unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment