Wednesday 19 July 2023

Wednesday, 19-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom

Good morning, everyone.

It's now day five and it's going really well.  The interest and engagement levels are high.
I've noticed that while most of the recipes are fairly bog-standard (not a criticism, they are lovely, just nothing particularly ground breaking), the occasional one works wonders for my tastebuds.

If I look at what I'm having today, breakfast and lunch should be enjoyable and yummy but not unusual while dinner could just be something much more special.  I can't wait to find out - but will have to.
It's that sort of thing that keeps me interested and motivated and, therefore, on plan.
Yesterday's photos:

Nothing unusual for breakfast but very, very tasty and filling.  Underneath the egg was onion, pepper, mushroom and potato with seasonings and it all went down a real treat.
This was delicious.  The chicken marinade was honey, soy, garlic and ginger and it went all lovely and gooey on the chicken as it cooked.  This would be nice for a taster session at group and I'm definitely making it again.
I had an apple for afters and later on I nibbled some cheddar for one healthy extra A
Another tasty meal although the pork loin steak was a bit dry.  Maybe it would have been better all done in Nellie instead or I could have wrapped the meat in foil to cook..




I've given up bothering with the calories for now.  I'm not going over and I'm not too under either.  It all seems to be working just right (or is that Famous Last Words - I will see on Friday).


Today's plans:

B:  marmite mushrooms on toast, tomatoes
From Comfort Food, p 24
I've had this one before and it's lovely!  V ery simple and very flavoursome
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast and 30g Philly light is two syns


L:  Ham and potato cakes, tomatoes; fruit
From Everyday Light, p 99
I have to change this - I don't have any ham but I do have corned beef left over from Tuesday's hash patties so it looks as if it's going to be pretty much the same.   The recipe says to form patties - I think I will just do one bigger one.  And rather than salad, I think I will fry some tomatoes in olive oil to have with it.
SW:  100g corned beef is two and a half syns and one tsp olive oil is two syns


D:  Creamy maple and bacon chicken, veg; yogurt
From Enjoy, p 150
Instead of using lighter cream cheese, I am going to use Seriously Lighter which I can call a healthy A but, apart from that, I will follow the recipe.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for half a tbsp maple syrup.  Also, half a syn for yogurt

Exercise:  A walk in town

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns

No comments:

Post a Comment