Sunday 2 July 2023

Sunday, 02-07-23

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photos:

Tasty food doesn't have to be fancy - baked beans with home made bread, toasted, for breakfast and it was really lovely!

I don't have any photos of the afternoon tea but it was just lovely.  I was so pleased with how my scones came out.  They were soft and fluffy (for once).
I really enjoyed it and truly didn't want anything else when I got home so I think (hope) any damage will be pretty limited and small.

And it really is back to normal today.
I promise!

Today's plans:

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
The usual weekend treat . . . I have plenty of berries.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for wholemeal SR flour (not sanctioned by SW).

L:  sausages and cheesy mash, veg; fruit
Not a posh Sunday dinner but I just really fancy this.  The sausages will be some Kelly of Danbury turkey sausages which aren't on the SW database but they are low fat, high meat so I am saying four syns each and that will (should) cover it.  I'll probably slow fry some onion to get it nice and soft and brown to have instead of gravy.  Nice.  And I have cauliflower, broccoli and carrots for the speed side.
SW:  eight syns for two sausage, two syns for  tsp proper oil to caramelise the onions and one healthy extra A for cheese in the mash.

D:  cheese, apple and onion open toastie, salad; yogurt
The idea behind this is what I remember my Mum making for us when we were little and I LOVED it.  I will lightly toast the bread for half a B, lay over some very thin apple slices and some onion reserved from lunch, sprinkle over the grated cheese, pop a tomato slice or two on top and pop it under the grill to melt the cheese.
I'll have it with a choppy salad and I can add the rest of the apple, chopped, to that salad.
I think it will work really well!
SW:  one healthy extra A, the other half of the B and that should be that as I have counted the oil syns under the lunch values.

Exercise:  an easy day today so just intermittent little bits when I think of it.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
ten syns (but eight of those are 'instead of' rather than 'as well as' which, to me, makes a difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment