Tuesday 18 July 2023

Tuesday, 18-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom

Good morning, everyone.

Day four of a week on Pinch of Nom and it all seems to be going really well.  I'm glad to be making a bit more use of these recipe books and, while getting it set up took a while, I'd be more than happy to do another week sometime soon (not next week though - I have other plans for next week).

Yesterday's photos:

I really enjoyed this breakfast - it looks a bit like an owl, don't you think?  325-ish calories

Lunch really was just a nice corned beef hash but shaped and egg and crumbed for a bit of a coating crunch.  I added cheese to the potato/corned beef mix because it tasted a bit 'dry' and that really helped.  Very, very tasty with a salad too.
It was about 296 calories  plus the salad

Later in the afternoon, I had a pear and a peach and a bit later again I spent two syns on a bit more corned beef.  A somewhat nibbly afternoon really..



Not the least bit colourful but, oh, my, the flavour of this chicken and banana curry was something else.  I made it a bit hot but that's up to the cook, it's all about how much chilli you want to add.  The banana gave it a sort of korma vibe and I really enjoyed it.
It was around 444 calories plus a bit of yellow pepper and a bit of mushroom



It's not possible to be that accurate on calories without weighing absolutely everything and I'm not doing that.  The main part of the meals came to 1,065 plus fruit, salad and other aforementioned bits and bobs.


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast potatoes, egg
From Quick and Easy, p 35
This is a bit like the breakfast bake I had on Sunday, I think.  I'm adding the suggested egg but no spring onions as I don't have any.  I will sub some mushrooms from the bag of frozen chopped mushrooms and I'll probably use some frozen mixed peppers too and keep the fresh ones for salads.
SW:  syn free

L:  Honey soy chicken thighs, salad; fruit
From Budget, p 109
This looks very simple, basically cooking some chicken in a soy/honey sauce.  The sesame seeds are optional but I will probably sub some mixed seeds instead   The sriracha sauce is so little as to not count at all.  The recipe suggests having rice with it - I'm having a salad instead.
SW:  two syns for two tsp runny honey, half a syn for half a tsp mixed seeds

D:  pork and apple traybake, roasted sweet potato; yogurt
From Quick and Easy, p 154
Looking through this, it all seems to be speed and free because I don't syn cooked apple.  The serving suggestion is baby potatoes but I think roasted sweet potatoes will be lovely.
SW:  syn free

Exercise:  A SET class from Snippets

Summary:
no healthy extras
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment