Monday 17 July 2023

Monday, 17-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom

Good morning, everyone.
Day three of the Pinch of Nom week and I'm ouchy and achey this morning but very glad to have done the Race for Life.  I'll dig out some gentle Shimmy Snippets to loosen me up through the day and by this evening things should be fine.  Lindsey is away this week anyway so no classes.

Yesterday's photos:
Guess when I remembered to take a photo of my breakfast!  Ooops.
It was very nice - in a way, nothing special but some of the best meals just need to be thought of, not invented, don't they.  
The extra baked beans are what were left over - I didn't want them hanging around.
I worked out the calories - 313.

The salt and pepper chicken was easier than it looked and was absolutely delicious.  I had a bit of the salt and pepper spice mix left over so decided to use it on the chips for dinner and I think I'll make up a little jar of the spice ready to use on chips, etc.

Goodness, I was tired after the Race for Life!  I needed that delicious lunch, for sure.

In the afternoon, I nibbled on cheese so that was my healthy As eaten!



When it got to dinner time, I was feeling pretty shattered and didn't really fancy a mango salsa so I just skipped it.  The tandoori salmon was very nice and adding the salt and pepper spice to the chips was a great idea - definitely doing that again, for sure.  I know it all looks very beige but the other is yellow courgettes (first fruits from the garden)
,  pan fried in spray oil and very delicious.

No dessert.

I have no idea of calories as I didn't measure any of it, sorry.

Today's plans: all from the same book today

B:  dill cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel, tomatoes on the side
From Quick and Easy, p 32
I was going to have an off-PoN breakfast but have realised I have the time, the ingredients and the healthy extras so let's go for it.
I will use a bagel thin - the Warburton protein seeded thins count as a B.  I have dried dill so that will have to do.  
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns for 40g Philly light and the rest is syn free


L:  corned beef hash patties, salad; fruit
From Quick and Easy, p178
Basically, these are just corned beef mixed with onion, potato and seasonings, coated with breadcrumbs and spray baked; I will probably use Nellie the Ninja.  It makes one but I may make smaller ones.  Also, I may add some grated cheese for additional flavour, either in the breadcrumbs or mixed with the mash and corned beef
SW:  one and a half syns for lean corned beef, one and a half syns for wholemeal breadcrumbs


D:  chicken and banana curry, basmati rice; yogurt
From Quick and Easy, p 55
Don't knock it until you've tried it.  I've made this before and it really is nice.  I'm adding mushroom and pepper to the curry for extra speed.
SW:  12g ground almonds is three and a half syns, cornflour is negligible so won't count, and I'm not synning the banana.

Exercise:  a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
nine and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment