Sunday 16 July 2023

Sunday, 16-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom


Good morning, everyone!

I can't do Intermittent Fasting today because I'm doing the Race (Walk!!) for Life so will need to have breakfast before I set out.  The actual PoN meals should work though.

Yesterday's photos:

Viking toast for breakfast.  So, so good.  30g of cheese would be enough though, no need to make it up the the 40g that the recipe asks for.
This topping would be lovely on flattened chicken breast or a sizzler, on a pork steak or even on a cooked pizza base (home made, of course), finished off in the oven rather than under the grill.

Very filling too.

The calories were much higher than the recipe said because I used one of my thicker slices of bread (a full B) and proper cheddar, not lower fat.
With the tomato, it came to just over 400 calories the lot.

Lunch was Bombay style chicken and potato traybake and I really enjoyed it.  I added some chilli flakes so it was spicier but that's how I like it.
I think next time, I would not have so much potato (I found some very old new potatoes at the back of the fridge which were still good to eat), if any, and might have sweet potato and mushrooms instead.
For the amount I had, it was 460 calories.

I felt stuffed afterwards so left the fruit until later in the afternoon, when I had some strawberries, raspberries and grapes.
The fruit came to round 100 calories.


The lasagne bowl for dinner was very tasty but it turned a relatively simple dish into a bit of a faff.
The lasagne 'wrapping' was very fiddly and, despite pre boiling and cooked for longer that the instructions said, wasn't quite cooked in part.  It was edible, just still a bit hard.  And the recipe didn't give the oven temperature - ooops!
I won't be making a lasagne bowl again but I will use the various elements plus pasta instead of lasagne to make an easier dish.  Or use lasagne but roll it like cannelloni.
I used one more syn on some salad cream.
To be fair, it filled me up and kept me full.  No need for dessert at all.
It was hard to judge the calories as I used some savoury mince from the freezer but, looking at amounts, I think the count in the book was pretty close so, with the salad and salad cream added, it came to around 370 calories.
Total for the day approx 1330 which is pretty much spot on.


Today's plans:

B:  hash brown breakfast bake
From Everyday Light, p 38
This has potato, onion, bacon, mushroom, Henderson's sauce and baked beans plus seasonings.  I'll have the rest of the baked beans on the side - I need my energy this morning!
SW:  syn free


L:  salt and pepper chicken, salad; fruit
From Budget, p 84
I don't have chicken drums so I will use a sizzler, probably.  And a salad rather than the suggested chips because I'm having chips this evening and chips x 2 per day is not sensible, Slimming World friendly notwithstanding!
SW:  It looks syn free unless I have salad cream - yes, let's say one syn for some salad cream


D:  tandoori salmon with mango salsa, chips, yellow courgette; yogurt
From Everyday Light, p 110
I have some lightly smoked salmon fillets but also a trout fillet so I'll decide which to use later.   The yellow courgette is the first from my garden so quite special and I will slice and fry it in some spray Reading through the rest of the ingredients, it all looks syn free.
SWL  syn free

Exercise:  Race for Life - well, Stroll for Life anyway!

Summary:
no healthy extra As or Bs
no syns
That's not great - maybe I could fit in a bit of cheese on toast or something later in the afternoon.  I'll see how it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment