Sunday 23 July 2023

Sunday, 23-07-23

Good morning, everyone.

After a day of leftovers yesterday, I'm cracking open the first JD Seasoning pot this evening.  Never had this one before so we will see.

Yesterday's photos:

I thoroughly enjoyed this fruit platter.  The pear and the nectarine needed bits chopped off but the rest was so sweet and juicy.
I didn't have any yogurt.
So nice.  Penne arrabbiata with beans and added veg.
Spicy food is always so much better second day - it mellows and deepens somehow.  I added pepper and mushroom to the chilli and the little salad is just yellow pepper and some mixed tomatoes.
No room for any fruit so I saved it for later when I had an apple and a couple of easy peelers.

The Normandy style chicken was a long time a-coming and worth the wait.
I added edamame beans, broccoli and cauliflower to the mix and, with the Philly light, it was delicious.  It was a cold and miserable day so this chunky soup-like amended recipe was just perfect.
I made some croutons with my healthy extra B and I'm glad I did.
I had a few cherries for dessert.

There's another portion, without Philly, in the freezer for later in the week ands I think I'll add lighter creme fraiche instead, just to see how that works.

Today's plans:

B:  crumpet thin, bacon, egg, tomato, mushrooms
A good old cooked breakfast.
SW:  three syns for the crumpet thin.

L:  roast turkey, roasted parsnips, yellow courgette, broccoli, gravy; fruit
The turkey is leftovers from last Christmas and I might spend one and a half syns on some chutney.  I will probably roast the courgette with the parsnips.
SW:  one and a half syns for chutney, up to two for gravy and I think the rest is free.

D:  gyros kebab wrap or pitta (using a JD Seasonings kit), maybe feta, salad, few chips; yogurt
I had to look up what gyros is; I've heard the name, just never known what it is.  Basically, It's spiced up chicken!  Maybe I'm going OTT with pitte or wrap and some chips but it feels fakeaway which is nice.
SW:  one healthy extra A if I have some feta, a healthy extra B, half a syn for 2% yogurt

Exercise:  A Shimmy Snippet or two.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns

No comments:

Post a Comment