Saturday 15 July 2023

Saturday, 15-07-23 - a week on Pinch of Nom

Good morning, everyone.

First of all, one and a half pounds off yesterday.  I was so very pleased.  

Today I am starting my week on Pinch of Nom recipes.  It's all planned out but with a few provisos.
1.  Breakfasts in the books tend to be bread based or don't work with SW very well so I will be have a few off PoN meals through the week.
2.  Leftovers will be used up.  PoN portions tend to be rather large so I may be having the leftovers the following day for lunch.
3.  I've valued it all out according to SW but also I will be keeping an eye on the calories too - I'm using what the recipes say for calories so it might not be 100% accurate, just approximate.
4.  I will be adding extras as needed - such as a salad or some tomatoes, etc.

I've done a separate post with the plan for the next seven days.  Definitely NOT tablets of stone but a guide for me.

Let's see what happens!
Yesterday's photos:
No photos from yesterday, sorry, because . . .

B:  Please, just imagine a bowl with strawberries, raspberries and a nectarine.  I didn't have time to take a photo.

L:  I went to a pub with a friend and we both had a chicken Caesar salad, that being my favourite at the moment.  It said 708 calories so let's say anything up to 800 calories!

D:  Sorry, lost the plot.  I really do need to get these Friday evenings sorted out, not because of weight loss but because it isn't good for me in so many ways.  Hmmm - strategies . . . I will keep pondering!


Today's plans:

B:  Viking toast, tomatoes on the side
Viking toast is from Enjoy, p34
I won't be using reduced fat cheese, I will use a bit of 0% yogurt instead of milk and the recipe serves one so that's good.  I'll be cooking some tomato to have on the side too.  It's a bit like a welsh rarebit, I think
SW:  one healthy extra A, half a healthy extra B and two syns (to make the cheese up to 40g)

L:Bombay style potato and chicken traybake; fruit
From Budget, p 71
I'll be using a chicken leg joint (removing all the skin), cutting the leaf coriander (yuck) and not new potatoes because I have old potatoes!  If they mush, they mush!
SW:  half a syn for one tsp mango chutney and the rest looks syn free

D:   lasagne bowl, salad; yogurt
From Everyday Light, p 181
I thought this looked intriguing.  It basically uses the lasagne sheets as a sort of wrapping thing.  I have a portion of savoury mince in the freezer so I'm using that instead of cooking the mince from scratch and I can add any seasonings/spices needed.  I may also add some extra veg to the mince, because I really like it.   Also, I am using cheddar, not mozzarella because - you've guessed it - I don't have mozzarella!
I will add a salad to the plate too.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and one syn for 15g squeezy Primula light

Exercise:  I'm going to a self defence class this morning - no idea how energetic it will be though.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
three and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment