Wednesday 12 July 2023

Wednesday, 12-07-23

Good morning, everyone.
Well, I have to say the spelt pizza base experiment was an outstanding success.  It made the most delicious, beautiful dough ever and rolled out so nice and thin it was exactly like a real short crust pizza, the kind you get in pizza places.

I'll post it as a recipe at some point but, basically, I used 80g spelt flour, a scant half tsp dried yeast (the fast action kind) and sugar and about a quarter tsp salt, plus 40g 0% Greek yogurt and around 55 to 60 mls warm water.  No oil needed to make a pliable dough that was a delight to handle.

And it made enough for two portions although I was tempted, I have to admit, to have seconds, not because I was hungry but because it was so nice.

The jury is out on whether it can be classed as a 'free' food on SW although the SW book says it is.  I know it's playing with numbers, but one portion could be a healthy extra B and it is higher in fibre and lower in calories that a reasonable portion of wholewheat pasta - and that certainly IS a free food.  The calories are not too far apart in terms of a portion.

What I CAN say is that I now have another Friday fakeaway that I really, really enjoy.  I am thinking of calzone now, maybe.

Yesterday's photos:

I changed this after initially posting yesterday, and edited the blog accordingly.  Just what was needed after an energetic Groove session.
The salmon looks off because it is coated in lemon mayo.  So good!
I had a pear for afters
And here's the pizza.
I used tomato puree for the sauce and topped that with onion, mushroom, bacon, sweetcorn left over from Sunday, grated cheddar and - yes, I confess - pineapple.
I know the world is split into those who think pineapple on pizza is an abomination and those who really like it.  I'm firmly and unapologetically in the latter camp.
This is half the pizza, by the way.
I had a pot of little tomatoes on the side and afters was an apple

Such a delicious day's eating.
Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
Another favourite.
SW:  syn free

L:  crimpit chicken and veg pasty, roasted tomatoes; fruit
The Crimpit company has brought out a new gadget to use with wraps and it's about time I christened mine.  I will use some of a can of chicken in white sauce and use the rest of the white sauce in another lasagne or a pasta bake thingy tomorrow, maybe.
I've looked up some ideas for using this gadget and several of them say use mayo as a browning agent instead of an egg.  I'll give that a go and see.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a wrap, half a syn for the chicken/white sauce, half a syn for super light mayo

D:  pizza (the other half), salad, maybe some coleslaw; yogurt
I'm really looking forward to this.
I'll be eating late as I have an evening meeting so this is perfect for something quick and easy.  
SW:  I am calling the pizza one healthy extra A plus one syn for mayo/salad cream in the coleslaw, if I have some.

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried pineapple on pizza, but I do like it with savoury foods so I'd probably give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is delicious with bacon or ham. After all, ham and pineapple is a classis in a mixed grill, isn't it.
      I do like a mix of sweet and savoury anyway. When you give it a try, let me know what you think. xx

      Delete