Thursday 6 July 2023

Thursday, 06-07-23

Good morning, everyone.
I've been thinking about my bread flours again.  ANyone who has been reading for a while knows that I make my own bread now and have been cheerfully mixing up the grains I use as long as the fibre remains high enough to cell it a healthy extra B.
I've read that gram flour (chickpea flour) is good for bread so I checked and yes - comparing 100g of each, gram flour has the same fibre content as oats which are definitely a B choice.  Excellent.  Quite apart from bread, I feel maybe some Indian fritters coming along!!



Yesterday's photos:

A very tasty, filling breakfast.  Just three syns for the crumpet thin and, yes, I broke the egg yolk < sigh >.
I really enjoyed lunch.  Scrambled egg goes so very well with smoked salmon, doesn't it?
On reflection, quite an eggy day, but never mind.

Later on, I had a banana and an orange.
And another delicious meal for dinner.  I went for fusilli rather than spaghetti (less messy to eat) and added mushroom and pepper to the sauce.
Afters was an apple and that was it for the day.


I must make some more roasted red pepper sauce (or roasted red pepper and tomato) for the freezer - it has been so very handy.




Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
The usual.
SW:  should be syn free as I will use 0% Greek yogurt

L:  salmon with lemon mayo, choppy salad; fruit
I make the lemon mayo by simply adding some lemon juice and zest to some super-light mayo and grinding in a bit of black pepper.  It's so nice.
SW:  maximum of one syn for the mayo

D:  steak burger, roasted veg; yogurt
I know this might sound odd but I really fancy a steak in a bun.  I have some steaks in the freezer, the 'bun' is my home made variety which tastes so good, I think, and I can add some chutney, also home made green tomato chutney which is a couple of years matured now and really nice.
I'm probably just roast some tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms and maybe add some JD chips and wedges seasonings to it (doesn't HAVE to be used on chips, after all) for extra flavour
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread roll and one and a half syns for the chutney

Exercise:  a walk round the strawberry picking fields - hardly exercise really!

Summary:  
no healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment