Thursday 13 July 2023

Thursday, 13-07-23

Good morning, everyone.

It's all going pretty well this week apart from a bit of a splash at the school Governors' meeting last night.  When we had finished, for various special reasons, we had a splash of bubbly each and through the meeting there were biscuits.  I have worked out that what I had was sixteen syns worth so not an utter disaster - and I really enjoyed them.

I'm not dwelling on it anyway - it's just Real Life.

Yesterday's photos:

A very tasty two egg sweet omelette with yogurt, strawberries and raspberries for breakfast


I was trying out the new crimpit wrap for lunch and it ended up a right mess - but that was because I had forgotten that I had bought some 'low carb' wholemeal wraps to try (second only to cardboard, never again) and they just didn't behave right.  The edges wouldn't seal and the wrap browned way too fast, curled up and - well, you can see.
However, the filling was delicious.  I separated the chicken from the sauce of a can of Aldi's chicken in white sauce, leaving just a bit of sauce.
I mashed up some of the chicken a bit, added some softened chopped onion and some mushroom, put that on the wrap, added a grating of cheese (half an A) and cooked it in Nellie.
Despite the mess, most of it tasted lovely and I'm definitely having another go soon - when I have some proper wraps that are big enough
I'm glad I had this ready when I game home from the meeting.  I had made the coleslaw earlier and the pizza too a minute in the microwave - very nice it was too.  That's another I have to make again soon,

So, although it wasn't the best in the evening, the rest of the day was low syn and I was half an A down anyway so I'm calling it top of syns and let's move on!


Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'm off fruit picking this morning so, of course, I have to sample the results for breakfast, don't I?
SW:  half a syn for some 2% Greek yogurt

L:  cheesy chicken quesadillas, salad; fruit
I have the rest of that chicken to use up so I am going to make up pretty much the same mix as yesterday but spread it over a wrap and turn it into a quesadilla instead.  I don't have any more big wraps so I will use two of the smaller ones and work out the extra syns.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and three syns for the wraps and one and a half syns for some hm green tomato chutney

D:  gammon, pineapple salsa, tomatoes and, maybe, roasted sweet potato; yogurt
I think that for the salsa I will use pineapple, red pepper, red onion, a bit of jalapeno from a jar, cucumber and lime juice.  That should work.
SW:  by the looks of it, it's syn free.

Exercise:  a walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one heathy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment