Friday 4 August 2023

Friday, 04-08-23: another week on PoN

Good morning, everyone.
The last day of eating from the Pinch of Nom books and it's weigh day too.  As always, I have no idea; I have bathrooms scales but I don't use them at the moment, preferring to just use the scales at group so it's a direct comparison.

I haven't posted links this week because they're from published books rather than on the Internet but, if you wanted to look any of them up, it's probably worth a quick Google - some of the recipes will still be on their website or in other places and there's the Facebook group, of course..
I'm glad I've got the books!

Yesterday's meal photos:

It worked!  Using my much bigger pan resulted in a thinner omelette that wrapped really well.  Delicious breakfast with that little drizzle of agave chocolate sauce.  More filling than it looks too because two eggs are filling.
(not PoN)

Creamy garlic chicken with salad for lunch - really nice and ever so easy to make.
Later on I had an easy peeler, a flat peach and two plums - all small.


Dinner was so simple - a small wholemeal wrap, a can of M&S chunky steak in gravy and some veg.  There's half a can of the steak left over for another meal later on and I didn't want any dessert.
Today's plans:

B:  cinnamon and apple pancakes
(Pinch of Nom p22)
Pancakes on a Friday after weigh in is getting to be a bit of a tradition for me.
I made this recipe a few weeks ago and it is very, very good so I'm looking forward to it.  I might even jazz it up with a bit of cocoa powder or chocolate sauce, I'll see how I feel.
Around 341 calories plus any extras

L:  pasta arrabbiata, maybe side salad; fruit
(Everyday Light p140)
Made just as it says but I am hoping to use some garden picked tomatoes instead of a can of chopped tomatoes for extra sweetness.
When I made it before, I added some grated cheese and I think I will do the same again.  It was nice.
Around 356 calories plus extras

D:  steak Diane, salad, maybe a few chips; fruit/yogurt
Basically, it is a steak with a mushroom sauce and I've made similar before so I know it is delicious.  As it's Friday evening, the treat is that it is a very nice looking fillet steak from Aldi - very extravagant but I will thoroughly enjoy it.
Around 309 calories plus the extras

Exercise:  Maybe a walk.

Summary:
Around 1000 plus the extras.




No comments:

Post a Comment