Friday 25 August 2023

Friday, 25-08-23

 Good morning, everyone.
Ooops.  Still feeling very bloated from the inflammation and all the pain killers so am very pessimistic about anything helpful from those scales.  However, as I say each week, it is what it is, life is life and comes with rough and smooth.

I'll let you know.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast.  Yes, I had planned omelette and veg but I splashed out on a Deliveroo fruit shop (didn't want to stress the back) and it looked so good that I changed to a fruit platter.
Delicious!
The h m wrap - the second attempt - worked well and was tasty.  Just flour, yogurt and water with a pinch of salt.
(apologies for the weird colour)
I had an orange for afters.

I'm going to experiment with different recipes and make a batch when I run out of current supplies.  Definitely worth it!
I knew these fritters would be delicious and they were.  The added bacon worked really well.  No need for a side salad or a dessert - I was stuffed!


This week has not been consistent, what with pain killers for a very painful back and not being able to spend a lot of time food prepping and being all bunged up, etc, etc, etc, but we will see how the weigh in goes and move on from there.

End of Pity Party!  :-)

Today's plans:

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
I've had fritters (very similar) but I haven't had pancakes for a week or so, so it's time to remedy that!  I'm actually quite craving them with lemon and sugar (well, sweetener anyway) and I could still have fruit on the side, couldn't I?
SW:  three and a half syns for flour and a bit of an A (around half) for some milk but the rest, I'm fairly sure, is speed/free food

L:  h m tomato and roasted red pepper soup, crunchy salad veg; fruit
I have rather a load of tomatoes and hm tomato soup is so, so gorgeous made with the home grown ones.  I might add some courgette for extra speed.flavour but it will all be blended smooth.
SW:  All syn free and almost all speed too.  Perfect!

D:  h m pizza, salad; fruit/yogurt
Making my 'tweaky' base.  It's not really a SW tweak as such but never mind.  I'll make it a proper yeast based base and use my taco press to see if I can get it really nice and round.
I'll save a bit of the soup from lunch to make the sauce and top with bacon, mushrooms, courgette, pepper and, of course, cheese.
I give the base about ten minutes in the oven on its own before topping it and finishing it off.
SW:  one healthy extra B for wholemeal flour for the base, up to one and a half As for cheese, one syn for some oil (in the base and half a tsp will be fine)

Exercise:  Still none.  Doing a bit of ironing was more than enough yesterday so today is being careful day.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment