Tuesday 15 August 2023

Tuesday, 15-08-23: a week of SW recipes

  Good morning, everyone.

Well, yesterday ended up a bit of a muddle.  When I drew the curtains back, it was raining and there was no way I was going to stand under trees, getting a cold shower every time I pulled a plum off a branch.
So I reverted to my original plan which was an all day breakfast souffle.  I needed ham but planned to have bacon.  The bacon was off (I really should have frozen it) so I looked in my shelf stable stores and found some tins of ham from goodness knows when, possibly the Millennium when people were planning for Armageddon - do you remember?

Anyway, there were three cans, not brilliant quality so carrying some syns.  I used one portion and have five more individually wrapped and in the freezer.  And there are two more cans of the stuff to use up before the middle of next year.

Ho hum!
Yesterday's meal photos:

Absolutely delicious
(two and a half syns)
Lunch was OK, nothing wrong with it but I probably wouldn't make it again specially - I can think of nicer ways to make turkey mince meatballs which is basically what it was.  I added 15g grated cheddar (half an A) to the mix because that stops it being too dry

I had some strawberries for dessert.


Nothing out of the way but a very tasty dinner.  The thing that really puts the Med into roasted veg is olive oil and I splashed four syns on two tsps of said oil.  It was lovely!

It may not look much but it filled me up - a small red onion, a courgette, half a red pepper, a big chestnut mushroom and some garden tomatoes - plus the salmon, marinade, oil and garlic clove.
Really healthy.

And I made up for the lack of A with a nibble of 30g of cheddar (one A)
Today's plans:

B:  baked oats, fruit and yogurt
Fifty Golden Greats, p18
Baked oats, like overnight oats, are a SW standard.  I'll use Nellie the Ninja because to turn on the oven for one little pot isn't really sensible and I might grab some fruit from the freezer to go on top.
SW:  one healthy extra B and a bit of an A for milk

L:  sticky chicken, salad; fruit
This is the standard mix of equal amounts of honey, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and it's lovely.  Not new-to me but I'm really looking forward to it.
I might add a bit of garlic granules and dried mustard to the mix too for a bit of extra ooomph.
SW:  two and a half syns for a level tbsp runny honey

D:  broad bean and bacon carbonara, maybe a side salad; fruit/yogurt
Taste the Sunshine, p8
I'm not sure if I've made this before - the page is marked as if I have.  I will cut the amount of spaghetti - 125g dried weight makes such a lot!
SW:  the rest of one healthy extra A for parmesan cheese and the rest is syn free.

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
one healthy extra A - cheers!
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment