Friday 18 August 2023

Friday, 18-08-23: a week of SW recipes

  Good morning, everyone.
It's the last day of using Slimming World recipe from site and books and I have really enjoyed it.  There's some good ones out there, that's for sure as well as some duds and some that really don't need a recipe!

There's also an overabundance of quark and spinach but they can usually be subbed (and usually are, believe me - I'd much rather pay syns for philly than use quark as a free food)

It's also weigh day and again, no idea and I'm really not that fussed - by that, I mean I am happy to accept whatever those scales say.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I'm a bit short on photos from yesterday.  Breakfast was just fruit grabbed on the run and lunch was with a friend round so no photos.  It was nice though and I'll be making that again - just chicken in a satay sauce made with a beaten egg, soy sauce, curry spice and peanut butter powder, fried in a wok and served with salad and coleslaw.  it went down a treat and my friend took the recipe home.


Dinner was an easier version of what I'd planned as I've done my back in and didn't feel great.  It was a spicy pork mince thing and really nice.  The salad was lunch leftovers.



Today's plans:

B:  courgette fritters with bacon and tomato
Not a SW recipe but I have courgette from the garden to use and I'm not going to waste it.
SW:  one B for Wholemeal flour and one A for cheese

L:  cheesy chicken risotto, side salad; fruit
From Take Five, p56
This looks really nice and I have fresh chicken stock in the freezer to use.  No wine, of course!
SW:  up to half a healthy extra A for some cheese.

D:  eating at the Hare with some friends
I'll check the online menu to get some ideas.

Exercise:  a few Shimmy Snippets if the back permits but I'm going to be very careful.

Summary:
Off plan today because of the meal out

1 comment:

  1. The satay sauce sounds really good, what kind of quantities did you use?

    ReplyDelete