Monday 21 August 2023

Monday, 21-08-23

 Good morning, everyone.
The third day of Back to (my) Basics.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Well, folks, it may sound show-offy and I apologise if it does but this bagel was super-scrummy, so much nicer than the ones I have been buying.  As with all bagels, not something to eat at speed as they require proper chewing, and the flavour was . .  . mmmmmmm.
I'm so, so pleased I have discovered how to make bagels.
(the bacon and tomatoes were lovely too).
The shaping will improve with time and practise.
Under the bacon there's roast chicken and under the chicken there's roasted veg.  I roasted them all in the same pan and they took pretty much the same time.
A very tasty Sunday roast indeed.
I've discovered something about making a Yorkshire wrap - at least, I think I have.

It needs to brown quickly but it doesn't need to get crunchy and rise - in fact, it is better if it doesn't.  So why not just make it like a pancake, in a very hot pan on the hob?
I made this in a frying pan that could go in the oven but to heat the oven up to such a high heat for just five or so minutes seemed very wasteful.
I am going to try it, anyway.
The Yorkshire was 15g flour, one smallish egg and around 35mls milk plus seasonings, the filling was roughly mashed roast veg from lunch, added tomatoes and two chipolata sausages and the whole thing was really delicious.

Today's plans:

B:  bubble and squeak, bacon, egg, mushrooms or tomatoes
I was going to have pancakes and fruit but there's some roasted veg left over from yesterday so it is all change.
SW:  one syn for a bit of flour to shape the patties without them sticking.

L:  wrap pasty, side salad; fruit
I think I will use some chicken from a Aldi can of chicken in white sauce with added mushroom, maybe onion, maybe pepper, maybe tomato - you get the idea.
I can use the sauce this evening.
SW:  one healthy extra B, one syn for the can of chicken and I think that is that

D:  chicken lasagne, side salad; fruit/yogurt
I think I have some chicken mince but, if not, I have pork or beef instead; I'll be adding lots of veg to the 'red' part.  I will use the sauce from lunchtime, mixed with grated cheese, to top the lasagne.
Not authentic but it is quite tasty all the same.  And SW friendly.
SW:  I've added the one syn for the sauce to the lunch data.  Up to two healthy extra As for cheese although, if this serves two, as I expect it will, that will go down to one.

Exercise:  Nothing - my back was really bad yesterday so I won't be doing any classes this week.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns

No comments:

Post a Comment